none
OWA Issue - Mailbox not available

Question

• Hi

All of a sudden OWA is not working.. The only significant change has been renaming the administrator account..

here is the error I get:

The mailbox you're trying to access isn't currently available. Please try again in a few minutes.

Show details

Request
    Url: https://mail.bafokengdevelopment.com:443/owa/ev.owa?oeh=1&ns=HttpProxy&ev=ProxyRequest
    User host address: 192.168.31.100
    User: Aubrey Molobi
    EX Address: /o=Royal Bafokeng/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=Aubrey Molobi32f02acb
    SMTP Address: aubrey@platinumstars.com
    OWA version: 14.1.218.13
    Second CAS for proxy: https://rbs.rbn.local/owa

Exception
    Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.OwaProxyException
    Exception message: None of the CAS servers are responding

Call stack
    No callstack available

Inner Exception
    Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.OwaAsyncOperationException
    Exception message: ProxyPingRequest async operation failed

Call stack
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.ProxyPingRequest.EndSend(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.ProxyEventHandler.SendProxyPingRequestCallback(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

Inner Exception
    Exception type: System.Net.WebException
    Exception message: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

Call stack
    System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.ProxyUtilities.EndGetResponse(HttpWebRequest request, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Stopwatch requestClock)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.ProxyPingRequest.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

Inner Exception
    Exception type: System.IO.IOException
    Exception message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Call stack
    System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    System.Net.PooledStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

Inner Exception
    Exception type: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
    Exception message: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Call stack

Please can someone steer me in the right direction.. Checked all services and tthey are running

rgds

ryan

Friday, January 28, 2011 6:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Serena

The issue was certificate related.. I was able to access peoples mailbox direct via the IIS localhost/owa . I checked the certificate and it had no services associated with it which was strange as they all were . I created a new certificate and all was good

thanks

• Marked as answer by Serena Li Tuesday, February 08, 2011 1:39 AM
    Monday, February 07, 2011 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hard to say if the change of Administrator account is significant, or just a coincidence.  The only reason it would have an effect is if it was hand-typed into IIS somewhere.  Is this E2007 on IIS6?  If so, have a look at all the application pools in IIS Manager, and see if any have been configured to use the Administrator account.
    Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
    www.owa-pda.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
    Friday, January 28, 2011 2:39 PM
  •  

Hi Ryan,

As per my experience, maybe the issue  occur when your environment has at least two CAS servers (proxy) or Exchange 2010 co-existence with Exchange 2007. Please describe your environment more detail so that we can help you. 

And here is some information,

OWA issue (CAS Proxying - Site to Site)

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-IE/exchange2010/thread/86e691dd-4345-4368-b3a0-1e3670768721

Problem logging into OWA after installing Exchange 2010

http://exchangemaster.wordpress.com/2009/12/29/problem-logging-into-owa-after-installing-exchange-2010/

Best regards,

Serena

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Serena Li Monday, February 07, 2011 1:01 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Model2381 Monday, February 07, 2011 7:07 AM
    Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:38 PM
  • Hi Serena

The issue was certificate related.. I was able to access peoples mailbox direct via the IIS localhost/owa . I checked the certificate and it had no services associated with it which was strange as they all were . I created a new certificate and all was good

thanks

• Marked as answer by Serena Li Tuesday, February 08, 2011 1:39 AM
    Monday, February 07, 2011 7:09 AM