none
Exchange 2010 SP1 OWA HTTP Status code 500

Question

• Since installing Exchange 2010 SP1, in OWA, we get the message "An error occurred and your request couldn't be completed. If the problem continues, contact your helpdesk with this HTTP Status code: 500." whenever replying to or forwarding an email or when creating a new email messages.

I have done the delete/recreate an OWA Virtual Directory, no change.

This is a single Exchange 2010 system on a Win2008R2, full patched, with IIS 7.5.

Since 3 nights ago when the SP1 was installed, to include the Rollup 3 & Office 2010 Filer PAck 2, there has been little sleep.

Thanks,
    Mike

Details of error:

Exception
    Exception type: System.Web.HttpCompileException
    Exception message: c:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\Owa\forms\premium\editmessage.aspx(88): error CS0117: 'Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Premium.RenderingUtilities' does not contain a definition for 'RenderDefaultFontMarkup'

Call stack
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath)
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)
    System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
    System.Web.HttpApplication.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Sunday, May 15, 2011 4:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to the error code, it due to the editmessage.aspx exception.

As much search, I haven’t found any similar case.

How about the situation if you log in Outlook Web App Light  model?

If it works fine, I suggest you replace the file message.aspx and restart IIS.

But as I know, the .aspx file should come from a nearly same server include hardware, software.

Maybe the development forum could ask you how to create the .aspx file manually.

Development Forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrdevelopment/threads/

Else, you could only try to re-install CAS.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 4:25 AM

All replies

• I think you can remove and reinstall IIS

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320202 , need to check for exchange 2010 version

Sunday, May 15, 2011 5:23 PM
  • Hi,

According to the error code, it due to the editmessage.aspx exception.

As much search, I haven’t found any similar case.

How about the situation if you log in Outlook Web App Light  model?

If it works fine, I suggest you replace the file message.aspx and restart IIS.

But as I know, the .aspx file should come from a nearly same server include hardware, software.

Maybe the development forum could ask you how to create the .aspx file manually.

Development Forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrdevelopment/threads/

Else, you could only try to re-install CAS.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 4:25 AM