none
Exchange 2003 OWA not working "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page"

Question

• We are using Exchange server 2003 and on Windows XP.

We just changed VOIP companies and on Friday we ported the Internet service to the new router  provided by the VOIP company and changed the IP address everywhere.  In the office the Exchange service is fine, outside the office we cannot connect to the E-mail service typing in https://mail.ourcompanyname.com/exchange gets Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. 

I did not set up this network but am trying to maintain it.  I know we have a FQDN (fully qualified domain name) and am sure that at one time we were required to put in a static IP address for that, but cannot get back to that spot to change the IP address if that is what is needed now.  I also checked the system logs on the Exchange server and I see that an update was installed on Thursday 1 day before we made the chnage to the new router supplied by the new VOIP company, however OWA was fine at that time.

I am just trying to provide as much information as possible.  PLEASE Help me.

Thank you in advance.

Monday, December 21, 2009 10:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check if you have map 25,110 to exchange server on the router.
    Please try to use your public ip address to access OWA https://ipaddress/exchange.
    Also please try to use NSlookup to check if domain name can be correctly resolve to ip address.

Besides,if you have ISA server,then please check the OWA publish rule.

Regards,
    Xiu
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:40 AM
  • Hi,

When you have changed VOIP service provider and IP addresses does that mean you have changed also DNS Servers as well? If you have then you need to change MX record to reflect your new IP addresses that would point to your domain mail.ourcompany.com. From outside none can resolve this name with old ip addresses because they simple are not active. You need to make a request to your ISP to configure this MX record with the new ip that they gave you and that you have assigned to your exhange server.
    If you have ISA Server in front you need to go and change ip addresses on your owa publishing rule under web listeners.

good luck

Selman
    MCT, MCSA, CCNA, CCNP, CCDA
    Tuesday, March 02, 2010 9:51 AM
  • When you changed ISP did you also get a different router?  If so, did you make sure that incoming ports 80 and 443 traffic are being forwarded to the Exchange server?  Have you also asked the ISP to make sure that they even allow incoming HTTP/HTTPS traffic by default?  Not all of them do.
    Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
    www.owa-pda.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
    Tuesday, March 02, 2010 3:35 PM