none
View public folder replication status in Exchange 2007/2010?

Question

• Hello,

Is there a way to view the current replication status of a public folder in Exchange 2007/2010?

For example, if I use the update-publicfolder or update-publicfolderhierarchy commands, is there a way to tell when the public folder(s) have finished being updated?

Thanks,
    Greg

Friday, July 16, 2010 2:51 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Is there a way to view the current replication status of a public folder in Exchange 2007/2010?

For example, if I use the update-publicfolder or update-publicfolderhierarchy commands, is there a way to tell when the public folder(s) have finished being updated?

Thanks,
    Greg

Get-PublicFolderStatistics http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997949.aspx may be helpful to know about the size of the replicated pubilc folders, which you can confirm on both server.

Regards,

Laeeq Qazi|Team Lead(Exchange + Sharepoint + BES + DynamicsCRM) www.HostingController.com
    • Marked as answer by gkriggs Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:31 AM
    Friday, July 16, 2010 2:55 PM
  • You can turn up logging and watch the event logs.  You can also watch the queues.  Neither will definitively tell you that it's done, but you can watch for activity to cease, which, from my experience, says it's done.
    --
    Ed Crowley MVP
    "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    "Laeeq Qazi" wrote in message news:ebe6b398-ed11-42c9-9fb9-ae9e2a585900...

Hello,

Thanks,
    Greg

Get-PublicFolderStatistics http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997949.aspx may be helpful to know about the size of the replicated pubilc folders, which you can confirm on both server.

Regards,

Laeeq Qazi|Team Lead(Exchange + Sharepoint + BES + DynamicsCRM) www.HostingController.com

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Saturday, July 17, 2010 12:44 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks,
    Greg

Regards,

Friday, July 16, 2010 2:55 PM
  • You can turn up logging and watch the event logs.  You can also watch the queues.  Neither will definitively tell you that it's done, but you can watch for activity to cease, which, from my experience, says it's done.
    --
    Ed Crowley MVP
    "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    "Laeeq Qazi" wrote in message news:ebe6b398-ed11-42c9-9fb9-ae9e2a585900...

Hello,

Thanks,
    Greg

Regards,

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Saturday, July 17, 2010 12:44 AM