none
Unable to Reply to Existing Emails after New-MailboxImportRequest

Question

• We recently migrated our users away from SBS 2011 to full Exchange 2010.  The new Exchange server is on a new domain and a completely different server. We had to do mailbox export and imports using New-MailboxExportRequest and New-MailboxImport Request.  Emails exported and imported fine but we're now experiencing an issue when a user tries to reply to an email that was imported they get an Undeliverable email.  If they reply, delete the recipient name and re-populate it then it works.  Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Monday, January 28, 2013 6:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Marked as answer by Marc Estrada Monday, January 28, 2013 8:02 PM
    Monday, January 28, 2013 6:30 PM
  • Thank you for the reply. I edited a test users' ProxyAddresses field and added the LegacyExchangeDN and emails are still undeliverable.  Is there something I need to update once I've made the change?
    Monday, January 28, 2013 7:04 PM
  • Thank you for the reply. I edited a test users' ProxyAddresses field and added the LegacyExchangeDN and emails are still undeliverable.  Is there something I need to update once I've made the change?

Most likely you didnt put the correct legacyExchangeDN value in for the X500 Custom Address.

The NDR will show the correct values to add. Can you post that?

Monday, January 28, 2013 7:06 PM
  • Here is the legacyExchangeDN value for a test user:

/o=GENEVA/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=Jeremy Hoyle5fc

and so I added this to proxyAddresses:

X500:/o=GENEVA/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=Jeremy Hoyle5fc

Also, the info from the NDR:

IMCEAEX-_O=GENEVA_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=JEREMY+20HOYLE5FC@genevausa.org #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

Monday, January 28, 2013 7:14 PM
  • Is that a space between the equal sign and letter J?

cn=Jeremy Hoyle5fc

Monday, January 28, 2013 7:41 PM
  • Yes but it looks like it was an issue on my machine.  Other users have tried replying to previous emails and it looks like they're working.

Thank you so much for your help.

Monday, January 28, 2013 8:02 PM