none
Can't download hotmail emails into Outlook

Question

• Hi All,

After updating to W7, my hotmail account wasn't working correctly in Outlook (2003).  I found an "Exchange" something or other that allowed it to start working somewhat.  For some reason, now my emails are not pulling down into Outlook from the hotmail servers.  There are a ton of emails when I check online.  I tried I deleting my hotmail account and then re-adding it but it still didn't work so I deleted it and tried again.  It kept adding new folders on the folders panel but won't pull down the emails.

How can I get my hotmail account to work again?

Wait.....the emails just downloaded into my other Inbox b/c when I tried to assign it to the Hotmail folder, it wouldn't work.  I am getting this error message when I try to "Deliver new email to the following location" and choose Hotmail:

"The specified default store could not be opened.  Please make sure you can access your default store and try again."

Also, now I'm getting an error message saying that it can't download hotmail emails!

"...reported error 0x800ccc33 - access to the account was denied..."

But, UN and PW are correct.  I didn't change anything.

Thanks so much in advance!
    Friday, November 20, 2009 9:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

To access your Windows Live Hotmail account with Outlook, you must first install the Microsoft Office Outlook Connector for Windows Live Hotmail. Make sure you have installed it.

Then please create a new Windows Profile and then create Outlook profile with the steps in the following article:

Use a Windows Live Hotmail account in Outlook

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102218231033.aspx

Thanks,

Elvis

• Proposed as answer by --Vinod-- Tuesday, November 24, 2009 12:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by Elvis Wei Friday, November 27, 2009 8:41 AM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To access your Windows Live Hotmail account with Outlook, you must first install the Microsoft Office Outlook Connector for Windows Live Hotmail. Make sure you have installed it.

Then please create a new Windows Profile and then create Outlook profile with the steps in the following article:

Use a Windows Live Hotmail account in Outlook

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102218231033.aspx

Thanks,

Elvis

• Proposed as answer by --Vinod-- Tuesday, November 24, 2009 12:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by Elvis Wei Friday, November 27, 2009 8:41 AM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 7:43 AM
  • I just restored my computer and re-installed W7 and all my programs.  Installed everything including Outlook successfully.  BUT.....hotmail account not working in Outlook.  I followed the steps in the link above exactly.  Have downloaded and installed the connector, and the folders are there.  When I do a send and receive, I get this error message: reported error 0x800cccf4.  My other email accounts work just fine.

Saturday, January 09, 2010 3:52 AM
  • For me me it fixed the problem. Thanx!
    Luc van Vugt, Imtech ICT Never Stop Learning
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 8:13 PM