none
Exchange 2010 SP2 - Importing Photos not updating

Pregunta

• Hi,

We currently have a script that utilises the Import-RecipientDataProperty command to import photos into Exchange each morning.

Prior to installing Service Pack two to our Exchange servers running the command would update the photos if the source had been updated. Now it does not.

To update the photo the user has to have the picture removed and then imported again.

There are no errors in the logs to indicate an issue. Has anyone noticed the same or has this been identified as a bug?

~D

jueves, 22 de marzo de 2012 3:08

Respuestas

• Hi FIMDB

So your next action plan would be to double-check @ the scripts\scripting correct?
    You could add some logging(writing some message to the log file) @ before and after every action-item.

So there is no issue with the exchange server\SP2 correct?
    you would be closing this thread?

Cheers
    Aravind

• Marcado como respuesta FIMDB sábado, 31 de marzo de 2012 10:15
    sábado, 31 de marzo de 2012 5:49

Todas las respuestas

• Hi
       I will do the test and update case. It involve AD schema.

Terence Yu

TechNet Community Support

sábado, 24 de marzo de 2012 1:04
    Moderador
  • Thank you Terence - I shall await your response.

Girish - The methods provided links to are similar to what I have in place. I am running a script every morning using Task Scheduler which uses the Import-RecipientDataProperty command i.e. [Import-RecipientDataProperty -Identity $Name -Picture -FileData ([Byte[]]$(Get-Content -Path $PhotoFile -Encoding Byte -ReadCount 0))]

The issue is not importing photos for new users - rather importing a changed photo for current users. The only means of updating it is by deleting the picture and then importing it. I have noticed this was not the case prior to SP2 on Exchange 2010. However I would like to confirm if anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

~D

domingo, 25 de marzo de 2012 21:25
  • Hi FIMDB

I managed to have a repro @ my lab

setup:
    ------
    Server: E2010 SP2 (Version 14.2 Build 247.5)
    Client: Outlook 2010 -- Online Mode

Plan:
    -----
    Createded a sample script say, 1.ps1
    used the Task-scheduler to schedule the 1.ps1
    Ran the schedule for every 5 minutes
    >> During the Interval...changing the color in the .jpeg manually.

Observation:
    ------------
    > I'm having a hiccup in executing the script @ the scheduled-interval
    (Unable to close the current power-shell...so appears like new powershell is not launching
    If i manually kill the power-shell window..then the next schedule works fine....getting the correct image)
    But all the time, i manually run the script...i'm able to see the modified image.

Conclusion:
    ===========
    The Automated process on the E2010-SP2 haven't Changed anything.

Other testings:
    - Are you testing outlook using online mode?

My understanding is that you need to remove the picture and re-adding the same?
    till that time the old image is visible?? Anything OAB related??

Cheers

Aravind

jueves, 29 de marzo de 2012 14:23
  • Hi Aravind,

Thank you for attempting to reproduce the issues. We are using Cache mode however I am looking at the GAL rather than OAB to verify the updates.

That is correct I need to remove the photo from the user affected and then readd for the changes to take effect. During this period the photo will be correctly removed. However simply issuing the command to update the photo while the old picture is in AD does not make any changes.

I can not see any errors in the logs either.

~D

jueves, 29 de marzo de 2012 21:08
  • Hi Aravind,

Upon further testing I can execute the individual import command without issue however when executing the script manually (like the scheduled task) it does not make any changes.

~D

jueves, 29 de marzo de 2012 23:59
  • Hi FIMDB

So your next action plan would be to double-check @ the scripts\scripting correct?
    You could add some logging(writing some message to the log file) @ before and after every action-item.

So there is no issue with the exchange server\SP2 correct?
    you would be closing this thread?

Cheers
    Aravind

• Marcado como respuesta FIMDB sábado, 31 de marzo de 2012 10:15
    sábado, 31 de marzo de 2012 5:49
  • Hi Aravind,

Thank you for all your help - in the end it was a syntax error with the script.

~D

sábado, 31 de marzo de 2012 10:15