none
Exchange 2010 SP2 Multi Tenant in a resource Forest

Pregunta

• At the moment we are looking to provide a multi tenant Exchange 2010 (SP2) and deploy this into a resource forest.  I have read posts that state that Exchange 2010 SP1 /hosted switch is not supported/will not work?  is this still the same for Exchange 2010 SP2 hosted configuration?  if so can anyone provide a link to any documentation which explains this?  Quite urgent as we need to make an informed decision soon. 

Thanks All,,

miércoles, 14 de marzo de 2012 8:28

Respuestas

• Ah, sticky indeed. So then if you can't do trusts you can't do linked mailboxes. You'll need user account and mailbox in the same forest. You can still look at that as a resource forest if you squint hard enough, but it does mean the user has to manage creds seperately.  
    viernes, 16 de marzo de 2012 20:49

Todas las respuestas

• You can use a resource forest for an SP2 (not /hosting mode) deployment, sure. And the reason is, if you follow our guidance, then you can deploy and be supported using any of the supported deployment topologies we document. If you choose to use a control panel solution, you need to make sure they support it too don't forget.
    viernes, 16 de marzo de 2012 6:12
  • Greg,

Thanks for that, but just to clarify, we can deploy using a resource forest using SP2, but cannot be a Multi Tenant if using multiple account domains with either trusts or Federation? 

viernes, 16 de marzo de 2012 9:28
  • You could set up one resource domain, and have multiple trusts to multiple accouunt domains if you wanted to, it's very complex though and you'd need to be very careful to make sure data leakage doesn't happen. Exchange, or rather, the clients, do not play well with Federation, so forget that.
    viernes, 16 de marzo de 2012 16:43
  • Greg

Yes the complex issue worries me, i am all for keeping it simple where possible.  Also i did not mention, that trusts are out of the question.  So a sticky wicket so to (english) speak...

viernes, 16 de marzo de 2012 19:33
  • Ah, sticky indeed. So then if you can't do trusts you can't do linked mailboxes. You'll need user account and mailbox in the same forest. You can still look at that as a resource forest if you squint hard enough, but it does mean the user has to manage creds seperately.  
    viernes, 16 de marzo de 2012 20:49