none
Dynamic Signatures? ( Hub Transport Rule? )

Pregunta

• Hey Everyone!
    I can create an eMail signature no problem via a Hub Transport Rule, but what I'm really interested in is what, "Dynamic Signatures" has to offer... Reading this feature from Microsoft Exchange 2010 is a bit confusing, but maybe straight forward and I'm just not getting it, so to the question. Can you create a special Hub Transport Rule that will pull certain AD attributes such as Firstname, Lastname, Phone, Address, etc if these fields are populated in AD and append in an outgoing eMail? I'm playing with a new Hub Transport Rule that I named, "Signatures", but when choosing the, "Condition" there are only two AD selections:
    1) "if the AD Attribute evaluate with value"
    2) "if the sender and recipient's AD Attribute are Evaluation"
    selecting either of these there are actually some AD variables you can select from a list which has most of the AD attributes I would want in a signature but just can’t figure out how to append that information. Maybe this is not the design of Dynamic Signatures?

Help??
    Thanks!
    Stephan

lunes, 06 de julio de 2009 20:30

Respuestas

• Hi Stephen,

I can't remember what the case was way back when the beta was released, but I think (hopefully someone that *knows* chimes in) you might need to use a disclaimer rule and then variables like %%surname%% or %%department%% can be used to inject signatures. You can also use HTML coding as well to incorporate standardized colors and fonts.

-brian
    Brian Day / MCSA / CCNA, Exchange/AD geek.
    lunes, 06 de julio de 2009 21:23

Todas las respuestas

• Hi Stephen,

I can't remember what the case was way back when the beta was released, but I think (hopefully someone that *knows* chimes in) you might need to use a disclaimer rule and then variables like %%surname%% or %%department%% can be used to inject signatures. You can also use HTML coding as well to incorporate standardized colors and fonts.

-brian
    lunes, 06 de julio de 2009 21:23
  • Brian!!!
    Awesome, this worked without a problem - thanks for the reply on this. I couldn't find the answer anywhere! Looks like Exch2010 actually has Macro's that tie into AD Attribute names becasue I can't just pull any readable attribute by name - just have to figure out if you can add more attributes to a custom macro, never-the-less, you nailed it. Check out my quick demo via a `Disclaimer Text` box:
    <html>
    <body>
    Disclaimer Text via Hub Transport - Pulling AD Attributes
    <br><br>
    %%Firstname%% %%Lastname%% <br>
    %%department%% <br>
    Telephone: %%Phone%% <br>
    %%Company%% <br>
    %%Street%% <br>
    %%City%%, %%State%%
    </body>
    </html>

TNX again -
    Stephan
    lunes, 06 de julio de 2009 22:30
  • Exxxxxcellent. :)
    lunes, 06 de julio de 2009 23:18
  • Adding some more to this as I played with it a lot tonight to match our existing corporate sigs:
    http://chrislehr.com/2009/07/exchange-2010-hub-transport-building.htm
    viernes, 10 de julio de 2009 0:23
  • Has anybody been able to figure out how to insert the email address from AD.  Thanks
    miércoles, 20 de enero de 2010 16:15
  • This link gives you all of the predicate options - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd638183.aspx#PropertyTypes

viernes, 19 de marzo de 2010 16:19
  • Thanks for the post, this is interesting stuff, but i couldn't get past a couple of "limitations".

1. It appends to the end of the email only, not at the end of the newest comments.

2. It repeats over and over again with each reply.

Any thoughts or suggestions on getting past those issues? working the way it does, I don't find this to be all that slick of a feature, except for when the message is first sent...

MC
    miércoles, 16 de junio de 2010 21:48
  • The easy way to do (2) is to put an exception in that does not append the signature/disclaimer/message (whatever) that says "if this (blah) text appears in the message body, don't put the text in again".
    I can't think of a way to put your message in at the bottom of the reply (for example) rather than at the bottom of the message itself.
    "Seattle Mike" wrote in message news:a1d61b50-2afd-40c5-a7f4-acb88dd5a7e5...

Thanks for the post, this is interesting stuff, but i couldn't get past a couple of "limitations".

1. It appends to the end of the email only, not at the end of the newest comments.

2. It repeats over and over again with each reply.

Any thoughts or suggestions on getting past those issues? working the way it does, I don't find this to be all that slick of a feature, except for when the message is first sent...

MC

Mark Arnold, Exchange MVP.
    miércoles, 16 de junio de 2010 21:52
  • It all goes much easier with a nice 3rd party tool. I'm not sure but using for example CodeTwo Echange Rules (version for exchange 2010) you are able to create a rule that places the sigatures directly after the reply. And it's much easier to create a signature with dynamic content, see this:

http://www.codetwo.com/exchange-rules-2010/er-vs-built-in-features-of-exchange-2010/

http://www.codetwo.com/exchange-rules-2010/dynamic-content-disclaimers/

----

T.B.

jueves, 15 de julio de 2010 14:08
  • Any word on how to do this without those "limitations"?
    lunes, 29 de noviembre de 2010 19:26
  • This is an old thread, what limitations are you referring to?
    Microsoft Premier Field Engineer, Exchange
    MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
    MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
    Former Microsoft MVP, Exchange Server
    My posts are provided “AS IS” with no guarantees, no warranties, and they confer no rights.
    lunes, 29 de noviembre de 2010 19:42
  • I want to add a transport rule signature for certain users but I want it to function as if it were set in a client. Is there a way to do this without appending the signature at the end of the entire message chain?
    lunes, 29 de noviembre de 2010 22:18
  • Thank you for clarifying. No, there is currently no way to do that.
    MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
    My posts are provided “AS IS” with no guarantees, no warranties, and they confer no rights.
    lunes, 29 de noviembre de 2010 22:25
  • @Brian

What do you say there is no way to do that? How about using the 3-rd party app suggested above? Will it do this? I mean I need personalized signatures for all users. Eg. I create one template for the entire company, with placeholders. Then no matter who sends a message, it will use only one template but replace placeholders with active directory data. Is this possible then?

cheers

M.D.W

miércoles, 15 de diciembre de 2010 13:58
  • @Brian

What do you say there is no way to do that? How about using the 3-rd party app suggested above? Will it do this? I mean I need personalized signatures for all users. Eg. I create one template for the entire company, with placeholders. Then no matter who sends a message, it will use only one template but replace placeholders with active directory data. Is this possible then?

Hi Murdock,

Lance wanted to know if he could do this without the disclaimer being put at the very bottom of the message every time. Picture how Outlook doesit, it puts it at the top of your reply underneath the new text you're adding. With that particular requirement in mind, no it cannot do that.

For what you asked, yes you can use one template that pulls data from AD for all users. The caveat is it'll be placed at the bottom of the message, underneath any quoted data.

MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
    jueves, 16 de diciembre de 2010 4:12
  • Hi Brian,

Thanks for clarifying. As far as Lance is concerned, I tested this app from codetwo and it works the way he needed. It can either stamp disclaimer at the very bottom of the message or just below your newest reply. you can set up the program to work that way - i think it can somehow recognize the header of the message you are replying to and insert your footer just above it - which (simultaneously) is just below your new message :)

cheers!

jueves, 16 de diciembre de 2010 8:40
  • is there a way to add the signature after the new text, not all way at the bottom?
    Cheryl Cieslinski
    jueves, 17 de marzo de 2011 20:41
  • hi brian

can you (or any body)  tell me where to find the outlook "signature registry value" so i can edit it and push it through, to all users across the domain, thus the signature will still able to pull the info froim AD but it will be an "outlook signature" instead of "transport rule"

what do you think guys
    regards,
    martes, 28 de febrero de 2012 8:01
  • You can use this software to do exactly that:

www.exclaimer.com/products/signature-manager/

To be honest though, there's an Exchange tool that can be set to automatically remove sigs on replies and internal mail.

You might prefer that. I would look around and pester their support guys until they give you what you want.
    jueves, 05 de julio de 2012 7:33
  • A very nice 3rd solution is Outlooksignature (Freeware!)

http://www.zerbit.de/projekte/outlooksignature.aspx

Instructions are in German, but it's not to hard to configure. I made a group policy that executes the software after logon and it works just fine.

The good thing is you can make different signatures for HTML, text oder RTF Mails.

• Editado ac_sk jueves, 05 de julio de 2012 17:13 forgot somehting
    jueves, 05 de julio de 2012 17:12