none
Outlook Web Access Search - Action could not be completed

    Pertanyaan

  • Hi All,

     

    When I try to search for an email in OWA 2010 I get the following error message..

     

    The action could not be completed. Please try again..

    I have tried restarting the Microsoft Search (Exchange) service to no avail. Anybody know what could be broken here?

    Thanks ahead of time,

    Mike

     

    27 September 2011 16:23

Semua Balasan

  • Hi Mike,

    Do all owa users have the search issue?

    Is there any error event in the Event Viewer? e.g. 9877

    Will this blog be helpful?

    After Installing Exchange 2010 Service Pack 1, Searching via OWA or Outlook Online Mode Fails

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2011/06/30/after-installing-exchange-2010-service-pack-1-searching-via-owa-or-outlook-online-mode-fails.aspx

    Frank Wang

    29 September 2011 7:58
  • Hi Mike,

    Any updates?

    Frank Wang

    03 Oktober 2011 2:01
  • Update from another user with the same symptoms

    I started another thread before I saw this one.  We have the same symptoms after installing SP1 (and RU5 immediately after SP1).

    I followed the suggestion in the linked blog post to repair the Exchange Search Symbolic Links and to reset the Search Index.  That did not fix anything.  I have not done setup /prepareschema or setup /preparead, which I have seen referenced in other posts on this topic.

    I have seen Events 9842 and 9877.  After a second reset of the Search Index, I have only seen 9877, and that event can be triggered by any mailbox search whether from online Outlook, Outlook Anywhere, or OWA.  Not every such search triggers an event.  Searches from online Outlook, Outlook Anywhere, or the OWA unread items folder succeed, even if 9877 is triggered.

    05 Oktober 2011 20:04
  • "The action could not be completed. Please try again"

    We also saw this error after a failed attempt to upgrade an Exchange 2010sp-1 RU 5 server to RU 6.

    I discovered that the Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer service was not started, despite being set to "Automatic". When I tried to start it, it failed with the error "service or dependency group failed to start."

    Since that means there's another service not working I looked and then found a second service, "Microsoft Search (exchange)" that was set to "disabled." I set it to "manual" and then was able to start the Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer.

    OWA searches worked after that. 

    • Disarankan sebagai Jawaban oleh Brian Hoyt 20 Februari 2012 2:19
    25 Januari 2012 16:46
  • I eliminated this problem and the associated Events 9842 and 9877 by making the MSExchangeSearch service dependent on the MSExchangeIS service, and restarting both.
    25 Januari 2012 18:43
  • "The action could not be completed. Please try again"

    We also saw this error after a failed attempt to upgrade an Exchange 2010sp-1 RU 5 server to RU 6.

    I discovered that the Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer service was not started, despite being set to "Automatic". When I tried to start it, it failed with the error "service or dependency group failed to start."

    Since that means there's another service not working I looked and then found a second service, "Microsoft Search (exchange)" that was set to "disabled." I set it to "manual" and then was able to start the Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer.

    OWA searches worked after that. 


    This fixed my problem as well.  The issue also started for me on a failed (via WU) install of RU6 from RU5.  Installing SP2 + RU1 didn't fix it but changing startup of service did.
    20 Februari 2012 2:15
  • Hi, how do you fix this please
    31 Mei 2012 18:27
  • I'm the administrator for a SBS 2011 server that is still having this issue. I have rebuilt the Index file several times without much luck. Randomly the search will work, but more often not.  I’m at my wits end and any suggestion on how to fix this issue would be great.
    22 Juni 2012 16:53
  • You will need to execute a script on the affected Mailbox servers that reinstalls the symbolic links:

    • Download the script Repair-ExchangeSearchSymlinks.ps1 from the Script Center.
    • Copy the Repair-ExchangeSearchSymlinks.ps1 script to the Scripts directory on the Mailbox server (default installation is C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\v14\Scripts).
    • On the afflicted Mailbox server, open the Exchange Management Shell by right-clicking the shortcut and selecting “Run as Administrator”.
    • Within the Exchange Management Shell, navigate to the Exchange Scripts directory.
    • Within the Exchange Management Shell, run the following script:

    .\Repair-ExchangeSearchSymlinks.ps1

    • Within the Exchange Management Shell, run the following script (without the symbols [] and substitute the database name(s) for any databases you wish to reset:

    .\ResetSearchIndex.ps1 [-force] <dbname> [<dbname>]...

    • You will receive an Event ID 109 when the rebuilding of the index starts for each database and an Event ID 110 for each database when the index rebuild has completed.
    • Please consider: you have to wait up to 24 hours when the index rebuild has completed and after receiving Event ID 110 for each database, test to make sure search functions correctly with both OWA and Outlook operating in Online Mode.
    06 Agustus 2013 14:19