none
Exchange 2010 - inaccessible folders in mailbox.

Pertanyaan

• Hi.

I'm currently experiencing an issue with single mailbox on the Exchange 2010 server.

Unfortunately the mailbox belongs to MD so I have to be very careful especially that we can't back it up (which is also the part of the problem).
    Currently Mr X can't access sent and deleted items within his own mailbox. MS Outlook is not showing us anything and OWA produces following error:

Request
    Url: https://mail.domainname.com:443/owa/forms/premium/SubPageEventHandler.aspx?ae=Folder&t=IPF.Note&id=LgAAAACwjOlWnIOpQYeXVOYhseqmAQAHf0GwKNXgRaaoapNFOt%2bUAAAAmSKLAAAB&SP=1&pfmk=M25%3a1339064299141%3bM34%3a1339064361031%3bM37%3a1339064361048&subpage=MessageView.ascx
    User host address: 10.10.47.31
    User: X Y
    EX Address: /o=Cash4Tax/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=X Y
    SMTP Address: X@domainname.com
    OWA version: 14.1.355.2
    Mailbox server: EXCHSRV.localdomain.local
    Exception
    Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.StoragePermanentException
    Exception message: Cannot query rows in a table.
    Call stack
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.QueryResult.Fetch(Int32 rowCount, QueryRowsFlags flags)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.QueryResult.GetRows(Int32 rowCount, QueryRowsFlags flags)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.Utilities.FetchRowsFromQueryResult(QueryResult queryResult, Int32 rowCount)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Premium.Controls.FolderListViewDataSource.GetView(QueryResult queryResult, Int32 itemCount, Int32 currentRow)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Premium.Controls.FolderListViewDataSource.Load(Int32 startRange, Int32 itemCount)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Premium.Controls.VirtualListView2.LoadData(Int32 startRange, Int32 rowCount)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Premium.MessageView2.CreateListView(ColumnId sortedColumn, SortOrder sortOrder)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Premium.ListViewSubPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Premium.MessageView2.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    Inner Exception
    Exception type: Microsoft.Mapi.MapiExceptionJetErrorReadVerifyFailure
    Exception message: MapiExceptionJetErrorReadVerifyFailure: Unable to query table rows. (hr=0x80004005, ec=-1018) Diagnostic context: Lid: 55847 EMSMDBPOOL.EcPoolSessionDoRpc called [length=58] Lid: 43559 EMSMDBPOOL.EcPoolSessionDoRpc returned [ec=0x0][length=203][latency=0] Lid: 23226 --- ROP Parse Start --- Lid: 27962 ROP: ropSeekRow [24] Lid: 27962 ROP: ropQueryRows [21] Lid: 17082 ROP Error: 0xFFFFFC06 Lid: 17153 Lid: 21921 StoreEc: 0xFFFFFC06 Lid: 27962 ROP: ropExtendedError [250] Lid: 1494 ---- Remote Context Beg ---- Lid: 26426 ROP: ropQueryRows [21] Lid: 40685 StoreEc: 0xFFFFFC06 Lid: 28468 Lid: 13029 StoreEc: 0xFFFFFC06 Lid: 26348 Lid: 22252 StoreEc: 0xFFFFFC06 Lid: 1750 ---- Remote Context End ---- Lid: 26849 Lid: 21817 ROP Failure: 0xFFFFFC06 Lid: 28414 Lid: 32510 StoreEc: 0xFFFFFC06
    Call stack
    Microsoft.Mapi.MapiExceptionHelper.ThrowIfError(String message, Int32 hresult, SafeExInterfaceHandle iUnknown, Exception innerException)
    Microsoft.Mapi.MapiTable.QueryRows(Int32 crows, QueryRowsFlags flags)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.QueryResult.Fetch(Int32 rowCount, QueryRowsFlags flags)

I've replaced domain and user names to keep it private but the rest of the error message remains unchanged. We've just recently taken the business under our wings so I've got no history of what has been done by the previous support company but I have to add that all NTFS and AD permissions are in terrible mess.

What can be done to make the "Deleted items" and "Sent items" available for the user?

Thank you in advance!

07 Juni 2012 13:19

Jawaban

• Hi Chaps.

Problem has been resolved. Unfortunately not the way we liked but at last it's all working again.

During the investigation some bad blocks has been found on the disk array.
    Unfortunately it was too late for the database and literally one day after my previous post it has died completely showing us 0KB size.
    We've created new database on the other array and we've pointed AD and Exchange on that new DB to retrieve email communication back quickly.

In a next step we've recovered all emails from the ASIGRA Mail Level Restore.

I thought that it won't work but amazingly all emails has been merged with recreated mailboxes in new Exchange Private Store DB.
    So at the moment it's all working again, however the database couldn't be repaired and we had to rely on the backup.

Thank you all for your help and advises.

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh Zygha 22 Juni 2012 14:47
    22 Juni 2012 14:47

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

I believe that new-mailboxrepairrequest is the answer to your question.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff625226.aspx

Leif

07 Juni 2012 13:39
  • Hello,

If you have several mailbox databases, you can also try moving the problematic mailbox to another database to auto-fix the potential issues.

If it still does not work, I think you have to backup and rebuild the mailbox.

Thanks,

Simon

08 Juni 2012 7:33
  • Hi Leif and Simon.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it a lot.

I've tried the mailbox repair first but it has failed.
    We've also tried to back up the mailbox but it cannot be exported to PST or either backed up as our backup software is using MAPI/CDO.
    During further investigation I've found that there is a problem with the flat battery on DELL's RAID controller.
    Also the entire Exchange database seems to be corrupted so currently our action plan needs to be:

- sort out the hardware problem
    - try repair DB and run defrag
    - create new DB and move all 180 mailboxes if DB repair would be unsuccessful

I hope that it makes sense.

11 Juni 2012 12:30
  • Hi Chaps.

Problem has been resolved. Unfortunately not the way we liked but at last it's all working again.

During the investigation some bad blocks has been found on the disk array.
    Unfortunately it was too late for the database and literally one day after my previous post it has died completely showing us 0KB size.
    We've created new database on the other array and we've pointed AD and Exchange on that new DB to retrieve email communication back quickly.

In a next step we've recovered all emails from the ASIGRA Mail Level Restore.

I thought that it won't work but amazingly all emails has been merged with recreated mailboxes in new Exchange Private Store DB.
    So at the moment it's all working again, however the database couldn't be repaired and we had to rely on the backup.

Thank you all for your help and advises.

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh Zygha 22 Juni 2012 14:47
    22 Juni 2012 14:47