none
I cant receive e-mails for Exchange Server 2003

Pertanyaan

• I'm  running Exchange Server 2003 std  i can sent e-mails, but i can't receive incoming e-mails an i've tryed to telnet port 25 it does"nt respond. Can assist me how to unblock ports 25 / to receive e-mails
    22 Juni 2012 7:22

Jawaban

• Hi,

Could be an antivirus problem - some antivirus programs include a firewall which by default block port 25.

I assume that you tested from the intranet - if you tried telnet from the internet you must look at the firewall.

Leif

22 Juni 2012 7:25
  • Try telnet on the local server first or use netstat -a to make sure that port is open locally. Might be a binding issue.

Casper Pieterse, Principle Consultant - UC, Dimension Data North America, Microsoft Certified Master: Exchange 2007 / 2010

22 Juni 2012 12:34

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

Could be an antivirus problem - some antivirus programs include a firewall which by default block port 25.

I assume that you tested from the intranet - if you tried telnet from the internet you must look at the firewall.

Leif

22 Juni 2012 7:25
  • Check MX record for your email domain using mxtoolbox.com.

Find out public ip address of your exchange server using site: http://www.t1shopper.com/tools/port-scan/.

It will detect your public ip automatically below that it will show you list of ports select smtp port and see the result.If the result is "Not responding " this will indicate smtp port is not open for public ip of your exchange server on your firewall.

Also Check nating rule on your firewall or router

Girishp

22 Juni 2012 9:25
  • Try telnet on the local server first or use netstat -a to make sure that port is open locally. Might be a binding issue.

Casper Pieterse, Principle Consultant - UC, Dimension Data North America, Microsoft Certified Master: Exchange 2007 / 2010

22 Juni 2012 12:34
  • Hi
       Do you have anything update on your issue ? 
       I will restart exchange transport service.

Terence Yu

TechNet Community Support

25 Juni 2012 2:38