none
Free/Busy LegacyExchangeDN and a deleted Exchange org issue

Pertanyaan

• Hi Guys,

I am having a problem with free / busy for a large group of users. The Exchange organisation has had over 100 Exchange admin groups, these have been added to and deleted over the years so we are left with around 50 now.

The problem I am having is, I try to view the free/busy data for a user but I get free/busy is unavailable. When I double click on the users name it shows: EX:/=ORG/ou=OldGroup/cn=Recipients/cn=User1

So I changed the users LegacyExchangeDN, removed the Free/Busy entries from the users account using MFCMapi and ran clean free busy. I wait for replication, but it is still showing the old LegacyExchangeDN path.

I am only having this issue with users from 1 particular old Exchange Admin group. All other users I have done this for the fix has worked first time, but not for this group.

I even tried to delete the public folder for the old Exchange Admin group using MFCMapi and ESM, but it won't let me delete it. So attempting to delete \NON_IPM_SUBTREE\SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY\EX: /o=ORG/ou=OldGroup

Even when trying to view the properties I get an error 'Coundn't get property list from object, Code MAPI_E_EXTENDED_ERROR == 0X80040119' And any deletion attempt brings up the error PARTITAL_DELETION

We are running Exchange 2003 at present, trying to get everything in order for a move to 2010. I am an Exchange admin with full Public Folder access rights. And as mentioned changing the LegacyExchangeDN usually does this trick, but not for these users.

Any ideas?

Thanks

15 Maret 2012 16:53

Jawaban

• Actually after all this, it's working. Spent 2 months dealing with it, editting stuff in MFCMapi, ADSIEdit, ESM, Users and Comp, but after patching a server for he RDP patch and rebooting it, it's suddenly working.

So I guess something on that server was holding the information on the old Exchange OU.

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh David Mulls 16 Maret 2012 8:51
    16 Maret 2012 8:51

Semua Balasan

• Have you tried just moving the user to another database and then moving them back?

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.

15 Maret 2012 17:32
  • Yes. Moved them to a different database in the same OU and to a server in another OU, with no joy.

Also made sure I added the X500 entry to the users profile as a custom email address.

16 Maret 2012 8:10
  • Actually after all this, it's working. Spent 2 months dealing with it, editting stuff in MFCMapi, ADSIEdit, ESM, Users and Comp, but after patching a server for he RDP patch and rebooting it, it's suddenly working.

So I guess something on that server was holding the information on the old Exchange OU.

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh David Mulls 16 Maret 2012 8:51
    16 Maret 2012 8:51