none
Block meeting request for external organization user

Pertanyaan

• Hi.

We have implemented Room Mailbox to mapping our meeting room.

I want to reject meeting request if user inside our organization include an external mail address to request.

For example.

I send a meeting request for "Meeting room 1" and gmail account. Exchange reject my request if both appear on To: field.

It's possible?

We have Exchange 2010 SP1 and client are Windows 7 Professional with Office 2010 Sp1.

Daniele

22 Juni 2012 15:27

Jawaban

• If you cant get a hub transport rule to work for this, consider setting a resource maiblox delegate that can approve requests ( and reject those that have external users)

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh AshesDE 25 Juni 2012 6:59
    22 Juni 2012 20:25

Semua Balasan

• A transport rule should be able to block that message, as all messages go through the Transport engine.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.

22 Juni 2012 16:11
  • Hi Simon, thanks for reply.

I've tried to play with transport rule, but for that I see, when I create a meeting request into Outlook, the message is splitted into 2 message: one is Calendar message type wich is send from meeting room to exchange user and one is an email message send to external user wich have a *.ics attachment. I'm impossible to check both condition (From: ME To: meeting room AND external organization user)

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

So, have you some examples of transport rule that I can try?

Daniele

22 Juni 2012 20:12
  • If you cant get a hub transport rule to work for this, consider setting a resource maiblox delegate that can approve requests ( and reject those that have external users)

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh AshesDE 25 Juni 2012 6:59
    22 Juni 2012 20:25
  • hi,

How to set delegate on a Resource Mailbox you can see:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124973.aspx

hope can help you

thanks,

CastinLu

TechNet Community Support

25 Juni 2012 6:36