none
Exchange 2010 - forwardingsmtpaddress not forwarding

Pertanyaan

• I am currently running an Exchange 2010 environment.  Recently a number of users requested that their emails be forwarded to their personal email accounts.  Rather than create contacts for each user I thought it was easier to use the -forwardingsmtpaddress mailbox parameter.  However it seems as if the users' mail is still being delivered to their exchange mailbox and not being forwarded to their personal email addresses.   When I set the delivertomailboxandforward to $True the email is delivered to the exchange mailbox and goes no further.   Am i misunderstanding the purpose of the forwardingsmtpaddress parameter?  Am I doing something wrong?  I appreciate any help.

Joseph Sica Network Administrator

22 Juni 2012 15:18

Jawaban

Semua Balasan

• This thread discusses the issue:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrtransport/thread/34af6597-5de7-4edc-b9f9-d91cde12cca8

That property apparently doesn't do what you'd think it would do.

The proper way to accomplish what you want is to create a mail contact for the personal mailbox and make it an alternate recipient on the mailbox using the ForwardingAddress parameter and the DeliverToMailboxAndForward parameter as desired.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh Joe Sica 25 Juni 2012 15:52
    22 Juni 2012 15:27
  • Hello,

Maybe you need to create mail contacts (or mail users), I checked this in my lab, without mail contacts, it will not save the PowerShell settings in AD and EMC, and will not help you to forward the emails.

Thanks,

Evan

Evan Liu

TechNet Community Support

25 Juni 2012 9:38