none
Migrating Custom Recipient policy in Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 issue

Domanda

• Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of migrating to exchange 2010 from Exchange 2003.

My exchange 2003 has two recipient policies

1. Default policy @companyA.com ->  200users

2. Custom policy @companyB.com -> attached to StoreB for the 25 users

On my exchange 2003 server, I have 200 users on StoreA that have the email address of @companyA.com and a Second store StoreB with 25 users that have an email address of @companyB.com

I have already migrated the 200 users over to exchange 2010 server and everything works fine for them. The rest 25 users I'm not sure what to do.  I've tried moving one of them to the exchange 2010 server. This single user gets an email address of @companyA.com as its primary address and @companyB.com becomes the secondary. I want the email address for these 25 users to stay as @companyB.com. The "send as reply" option is also greyed out.

How i do i move these users without affecting their email address (@companyB.com)?

For the time being i haven't upgraded the email address policies and addresslist as its mentioned in Microsofts procedure till i figure out what to do with the remaining 25 users. Please help!!!

Kind Regards,

Charles

lunedì 27 febbraio 2012 10:10

Risposte

Tutte le risposte

• What you want to do is create a 2nd EAP which defines @companyb.com and the it higher than the default one.  Make sure this EAP targets the 25 users by some attribute (many are avaliable to choose from).

However, from what I remember, when moving users across the EAP are re-evaluted, so you may want to switch over to 2010 1st then move the users across.

Sukh

• Modificato Sukh828 lunedì 27 febbraio 2012 22:40
    lunedì 27 febbraio 2012 22:39
  • Hi Sukh,

Thanks for replying. The problem is I still have the exchange 2003 server in the organization. If i try to create a new EAP, it says " cannot create as ... Legacy server is present " message.

For now I have removed the "automatically Updated email address through policy" option for the 25 users. So when moved their @companyB.com email address is retained.

next step is upgrade the default EAP.  And convert and upgrade the custom EAP and attach it to an OU with the 25 users. I hope it works.

Kind Regards,
    Charles

martedì 28 febbraio 2012 12:43
  • "automatically Updated email address through policy" - This was the only other way we handled user we were migrating.

Sukh

martedì 28 febbraio 2012 13:54