none
Cannot delete Exchange database, there is a SystemMailbox

Domanda

• Hi,

I'm trying to remove an Exchange Database that has a SystemMailbox{XXXXXXXX} on it.  How do I go about deleting this DB, do I have to move the SystemMailbox or delete it?

There are no arbitraion mailboxes or any other mailboxes on this DB.

Thanks in advance.

lunedì 27 febbraio 2012 10:05

Risposte

• Well if I don't need this database than I wouldn't worry about the System Mailbox.
    There is another way to delete the database, from adsiedit.msc
    Configuration...Services...MicrosoftExchange...YourORG...Administrative Group...ExchangeAdministrativeGroup...Databases...<Delete the database you want to delete>

Gulab Prasad,
    MCITP: Exchange Server 2010 | MCITP: Exchange Server 2007
    MCITP: Lync Server 2010 | MCITP: Windows Server 2008
    My Blog | Z-Hire Employee Provisioning App

• Proposto come risposta Terence YuModerator martedì 28 febbraio 2012 05:38
    • Contrassegnato come risposta MarkieSA martedì 28 febbraio 2012 13:24
    lunedì 27 febbraio 2012 11:02

Tutte le risposte

• lunedì 27 febbraio 2012 10:28
  • Post the error message.
    Is the default database you are trying to remove which got created at the time of exchange installation?

Gulab Prasad,

lunedì 27 febbraio 2012 10:37
  • Hi,

I assume that you want to remove your last exchange mailbox server.

you can use ADSIedit to delete ot to move  arbitration mailbox, check mailbox part on these  step by step :

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg576862.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb288905(v=exchg.80).aspx

Regards,

Best Regards Don't forget to mark it as answer if it helps

lunedì 27 febbraio 2012 10:39
  • Those two articles deal specifically with artbitration mailboxes, as per my original post I do not have arbitraion mailboxes on this DB only one SystemMailbox
    • Modificato MarkieSA lunedì 27 febbraio 2012 10:41
    lunedì 27 febbraio 2012 10:39
  • No this is not the default database that was creating during installtion.
    lunedì 27 febbraio 2012 10:40
  • No I'm not removing my last exchange mailbox server, I need to remove one DB on one of many Exchange 2010 servers I have.
    lunedì 27 febbraio 2012 10:41
  • What is the error message you are getting?

Gulab Prasad,

lunedì 27 febbraio 2012 10:46
  • The standard error:-

This mailbox database contains one or more mailboxes, mailbox plans, archive mailboxes, or arbitration mailboxes. To ge
    t a list of all mailboxes in this database, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID>. To get a list of all m
    ailbox plans in this database, run the command Get-MailboxPlan. To get a list of archive mailboxes in this database, ru
    n the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -Archive. To get a list of all arbitration mailboxes in this database
    , run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -Arbitration. To disable a non-arbitration mailbox so that you ca
    n delete the mailbox database, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID>. To disable an archive mailbox so you can d
    elete the mailbox database, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID> -Archive. Arbitration mailboxes should be move
    d to another server; to do this, run the command New-MoveRequest <parameters>. If this is the last server in the organi
    zation, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID> -Arbitration -DisableLastArbitrationMailboxAllowed to disable the
    arbitration mailbox. Mailbox plans should be moved to another server; to do this, run the command Set-MailboxPlan <Mail
    boxPlan ID> -Database <Database ID>.
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (DBname:DatabaseIdParameter) [Remove-MailboxDatabase], AssociatedUs
       erMailboxExistException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 6A5A9D0E,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.RemoveMailboxDatabase

There are no Mailbx plans, no arbitraion mailbxes etc, I've also already run Set-AdServerSettings -ViewEntireForest $True then Get-Mailbox -database xxx -arbitraion and it does not show any mailboxes

The reason I can't delete the DB is that there is a SystemMailbox{xxxx} on the DB, what do I do with this SystemMailbox?

lunedì 27 febbraio 2012 10:52
  • Well if I don't need this database than I wouldn't worry about the System Mailbox.
    There is another way to delete the database, from adsiedit.msc
    Configuration...Services...MicrosoftExchange...YourORG...Administrative Group...ExchangeAdministrativeGroup...Databases...<Delete the database you want to delete>

Gulab Prasad,

• Contrassegnato come risposta MarkieSA martedì 28 febbraio 2012 13:24
    lunedì 27 febbraio 2012 11:02
  • Using ADSI edit to delete a DB from Exchange 2010 seems to be the solution every one suggests however I feel this shouldn't be the solution, everyone should be able to delete a DB via the EMA or Powershell.  Going down the ADSI edit route seems to be a bit brutal just to delete a DB but that's just me.
    lunedì 27 febbraio 2012 11:11
    • Proposta come risposta annullata MarkieSA martedì 28 febbraio 2012 13:24
    lunedì 27 febbraio 2012 17:13