none
Exchange 2010 SP1 Rollup v3.3 - isn't within your current write scopes. Can't perform save operation. BUG??

Domanda

• Hi All,

I have recently upgraded to Exchange 2010 SP1 Rollup v3.3, I am having a strange Buggy error. When I try and set options for a distribution group via the EMC I get this error "isn't within your current write scopes. Can't perform save operation." However when I use the powershell it works!! Has anyone else had this issue and if so what can you do to fix this.. if at all?

thank you..

venerdì 16 settembre 2011 02:09

Tutte le risposte

• Hi,

Have check this?
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/4bc3873e-2518-40e0-9647-9fdafc9b869a/

Gulab | MCITP: Exchange 2010-2007 | Lync Server 2010 | Windows Server 2008 | Skype: Exchange.Ranger | Blog: www.ExchangeRanger.Blogspot.com
    • Contrassegnato come risposta Terence YuModerator giovedì 22 settembre 2011 01:29
    • Contrassegno come risposta annullato Mat White venerdì 23 settembre 2011 02:48
    venerdì 16 settembre 2011 06:23
  • Hi
       Do you have anything to update your issue?
       Do you try the way which Gulab posts?
       I find similar bug which is fixed in RU5. You can update version of exchange.
       I also want to know whether you run EMC and EMS by same admin account?
       I never find case which RBAC error only affects EMC.

• Contrassegnato come risposta Terence YuModerator giovedì 22 settembre 2011 01:29
    • Contrassegno come risposta annullato Mat White venerdì 23 settembre 2011 02:48
    lunedì 19 settembre 2011 02:14
    Moderatore
  • Hi there,

thank you all for replying, my appologies on the late reply.

1. I am using the Administrator account to apply changes.. I have not changed any permissions on the the Global exchange Group Organizational membership.

2. I am not able to view the write scopes as the administrator / Organization Management "You can't copy this role group here, because it contains roles that were assigned using multiple write scopes or exclusive write scopes", I dont think this is a cause of the issue. It's just strange that I am able to set these options via powershell.

venerdì 23 settembre 2011 02:46
  • Hi There,

this only seems to apply when setting up new Groups within the RBAC.. I am using the administrator account, so there is no reason I should have to sent any of this..

but thanks for the info..

Regards,

Mat

venerdì 23 settembre 2011 02:47