none
Get-MailboxDatabase writing error

질문

• The Exchange MMC cannot access the AD configuration data. The following error is being logged to the application event log:

Task Get-MailboxDatabase writing error when processing record of index 0. Error: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.SuitabilityDirectoryException: An Active Directory error 0x51 occurred when trying to check the suitability of server 'DCxx'. Error: 'Active directory response: The LDAP server is unavailable.' ---> System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapException: The LDAP server is unavailable.

Is is correct that the mentioned DC is not available. The server has been demoted a few weeks ago, but it seems as if Exchange still tries to connect to the unavailable DC.

The DNS does not have any informations about the missing DC. All service records reflect the new promoted DCs only.

Where does Exchange get this information from?
    2009년 12월 3일 목요일 오후 3:03

답변

• We also get this error after demoting one our older dc's. we demoted an windows 2003dc an still have windows 2008 dc's (and gc). but when we modified the recipient scope in emc from "ou" to an explicit "gc" we can solve the error messages. hope it helps
    2009년 12월 13일 일요일 오전 8:05

모든 응답

• Open Exchange Management Console -> Right Click Organization Configuration -> Click Modify Configuration Domain Controller -> Check Use Default Domain Controller...Problem should be fixed - if not - recycle ex services

Rich Michael
    2009년 12월 5일 토요일 오후 4:39
  • Sadfully selecting the default domain controller did not help to resolve the issue. Even after rebooting the server and opening the MMC the following error occurs:

An error caused a change in the current set of domain controllers. It was running the command Get-OrganizationConfig.

The event log stolls logs the error:

(PID 4556, Thread 12) Task Get-ExchangeServer writing error when processing record of index 0. Error: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.SuitabilityDirectoryException: An Active Directory error 0x51 occurred when trying to check the suitability of server 'DCxx.fqdn.com'. Error: 'Active directory response: The LDAP server is unavailable.' ---> System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapException: The LDAP server is unavailable.

After using "Collect Organizational Health Data" to refresh the Health Data I was able to change the DC settings from "Use default" to "Select Domain Controller". Borforehand the MMC wasn't able to connect to the domain.

After rebooting the server again the new error message after starting the EMC is:

An error caused a change in the current set of domain controllers. It was running the command 'Get-FederationTrust'.

Thomas Stensitzki

2009년 12월 7일 월요일 오전 10:56
  • Here is the complete error which is being logged after opening the EMC as and Administrator and trying to fetch the current list of mailboxes within the organization:

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        MSExchange Configuration Cmdlet - Remote Management
    Date:          12/9/2009 9:24:31 AM
    Event ID:      4
    Task Category: General
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      MAIL01.FQDN.COM
    Description:
    (PID 5984, Thread 10) Task Get-ExchangeServer writing error when processing record of index 0. Error: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.SuitabilityDirectoryException: An Active Directory error 0x51 occurred when trying to check the suitability of server 'OLDDC.FQDN.COM'. Error: 'Active directory response: The LDAP server is unavailable.' ---> System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapException: The LDAP server is unavailable.
       at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.Connect()
       at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.BindHelper(NetworkCredential newCredential, Boolean needSetCredential)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.SuitabilityVerifier.CreateConnectionAndBind(String fqdn, Int32 portNumber, NetworkCredential credential)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.SuitabilityVerifier.CreateConnectionAndBind(String fqdn, Int32 portNumber, NetworkCredential credential)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.SuitabilityVerifier.IsServerSuitable(String fqdn, Boolean isGlobalCatalog, NetworkCredential credential, String& writableNC, LocalizedString& errorMessage)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ConnectionPoolManager.GetConnection(ConnectionType connectionType, ADObjectId domain, String serverName, Int32 port, NetworkCredential credential)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ConnectionPoolManager.GetConnection(ConnectionType connectionType, NetworkCredential networkCredential, String serverName, Int32 port)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.GetConnection(String preferredServer, Boolean isWriteOperation, Boolean isNotifyOperation, String optionalBaseDN, ADObjectId& rootId, ADScope scope)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.GetReadConnection(String preferredServer, ADObjectId& rootId, ADRawEntry scopeDeteriminingObject)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADGenericReader.GetNextResultCollection(Type controlType, DirectoryControl& responseControl)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADPagedReader`1.GetNextResultCollection()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADGenericPagedReader`1.GetNextPage()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADGenericPagedReader`1.<GetEnumerator>d__4.MoveNext()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.GetTaskBase`1.WriteResult[T](IEnumerable`1 dataObjects)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.GetTaskBase`1.InternalProcessRecord()

Any ideas?
    2009년 12월 9일 수요일 오전 8:32
  • So, even when you manually specify a Domain Controller/GC still not working? Please select a DC that is GC.

Are you able to open EMS? Are you getting the same error?

Is the user you are using a member of "Organization Management" role group? you can check it by run "Get-RoleGroupMember "Oganization Management""

Did you run ExBAP? Any error or warning?
    2009년 12월 9일 수요일 오전 9:12
  • I can specify a Domain Controller (which is a GC) only after collecting Organizational Health Data. Collecting and saving the Org Health Data runs successfully.

The user is a member of the "Organzational Management" group.

Opening the EMC does not throw an error at all. The error occurs after opening a node like "Recipient Configurations" - "

I've noticed that the registry entry for the local AD schema cache file "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\SchCache\OLDDC.FQDN.COM.sch" reflects the old DC name. The schema master has been changed a few weeks ago. How are those changes reflected on the Exchange server?

The MSExchange ADAccess service finds all DCs with out any error. Only current DC names are being listed in the details fo the event log entry.

ExBPA show onyl one error:
    Active Directory domain has an unrecognized Exchange signature. Current DomainPrep version: 12639

2009년 12월 9일 수요일 오전 10:14
  • I am having this error too, also after demoting a DC in my domain...tried all of the above, no dice.  Exchange really thinks that my old server is still a DC and tries to talk to it.

Also I am having a problem where users are reporting outlook continually asks for a password trying to update the global address list, possibly related?  I would love to get rid of these problems.  Right now I have one Exchange server and two DCs.
    2009년 12월 9일 수요일 오후 10:29
  • We are getting the same errors after demoting DC.  Any additional ideas?

2009년 12월 10일 목요일 오후 7:45
  • Does anyone know how to search the AD attributes to find the demoted DC?
    2009년 12월 11일 금요일 오전 8:18
  • We also get this error after demoting one our older dc's. we demoted an windows 2003dc an still have windows 2008 dc's (and gc). but when we modified the recipient scope in emc from "ou" to an explicit "gc" we can solve the error messages. hope it helps
    2009년 12월 13일 일요일 오전 8:05
  • Thank you, choosing an explicit GC also solved the problem in my case (at least it seems so for the moment). After that I changed the setting back to "OU" again and it still worked.

In other words, my config now looks like this:

Organization Configuration / Modify Configuration Controller / Specify a domain controller -> my domain and a GC
    Server Configuration (same as Organization Configuration)
    Recipient Configuration / Modify Recipient Scope / View all Recipients in specified OU -> my domain and a GC

However, as Armin wrote, I also had to first change the recipient scope from OU to GC to fix the problem.

Changing the Organization and Server Configuration back to default will bring up the errors again tough, so I really have to leave the GCs specified.

I also had to change the reg setting as Apoc wrote because there still was the demoted DC in there.

2009년 12월 14일 월요일 오전 8:16
  • Thank you.

After changing the recipient scope in the EMC to an explict GC all error messages disappeared. The EMC now starts without any errors at all.

2009년 12월 14일 월요일 오전 11:30
  • hello,

i have same problem. After demoting previously default domain controller, EMC keeps throwing these errors. I can make them disappear by setting explicit DC to use / scope to DC, but I wonder why doesn't it work using default values? How do I fix that?
    2010년 1월 27일 수요일 오전 9:04
  • anyone with any ideas?
    • 답변으로 제안됨 Adam Miceli 2010년 2월 10일 수요일 오전 4:58
    2010년 1월 31일 일요일 오후 7:56
  • Delete this file: c:\users\<specific user>\appdata\roaming\microsoft\mmc\Exchange Management Console
    • 답변으로 제안됨 algkep 2010년 2월 10일 수요일 오전 9:29
    2010년 2월 10일 수요일 오전 4:59
  • Bingo! You were absolutely right! There were some issues with local DCs, the errors kept appearing even after I fixed the issues, and deleting this file solved them!

Thanks!
    2010년 2월 10일 수요일 오전 9:29
  • Adam, Thank YOU!
    You were absolutely right!
    After removal "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\SchCache\OLDDC.FQDN.COM.sch" and use regedit [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ADs\Providers\LDAP\....] the situation all the same has not changed.
    deleting this c:\users\<specific user>\appdata\roaming\microsoft\mmc\Exchange Management Console file solved them!

Thanks!
    2010년 2월 12일 금요일 오전 12:33
  • Steps summarized just above by apbabkin fixed this for me
    2010년 4월 20일 화요일 오후 6:14
  • Thanks a ton Adam..

i had same issue.. and deleting the file c:\users\<specific user>\appdata\roaming\microsoft\mmc\Exchange Management Console solved it.

2010년 5월 16일 일요일 오후 2:44
  • Worked for me too

library1
    2010년 5월 20일 목요일 오후 9:52
  • Perfect solution Adam. Thanks for the tip.
    Jeff
    2010년 6월 15일 화요일 오후 2:49
  • Delete this file: c:\users\<specific user>\appdata\roaming\microsoft\mmc\Exchange Management Console

This was the solution for me as well.  Recommend this one be the highlighted fix for this thread.

Blogged:

http://blog.chrislehr.com/2010/06/odd-domain-controller-errors-in.html

2010년 6월 23일 수요일 오후 6:07
  • I deleted the Exchange Managment Console file and also modified the Recipient Scope and selected a GC which removed my errors.
    2010년 8월 2일 월요일 오후 6:56
  • Thank you, I was very tired of this issue!
    2010년 8월 4일 수요일 오전 12:19
  • Not to sound to silly but which server am I deleting the EMC from? My exchange server or the DC(s)?
    2010년 8월 11일 수요일 오후 2:50
  • Adam Miceli's solution worked for me as well!

2010년 9월 1일 수요일 오후 8:23
  • Adam Miceli's solution worked for me :D

Deleting the  "c:\users\<specific user>\appdata\roaming\microsoft\mmc\Exchange Management Console" file works.

2010년 9월 10일 금요일 오전 11:03
    Thanks did the trick..
    2011년 5월 5일 목요일 오전 11:01
  • Just wanted to add, Adam's trick of Delete this file: c:\users\<specific user>\appdata\roaming\microsoft\mmc\Exchange Management Console

worked for me.

2011년 6월 6일 월요일 오전 6:38
  • Thanks! That fixed the problem for me too.
    2012년 3월 15일 목요일 오후 7:37
  • that's great!
    2012년 8월 24일 금요일 오전 6:16