none
Android and ActiveSync with Exchange 2003 SP2

질문

• Hi.

There's a lot of topics on the internet about Android and issues with Exchange, but many of them are very old, so I'm starting a new one.

One of my clients has Exchange 2003 SP2 and Android mobile devices.

I have tried using ActiveSync on devices with Android 2.3.3 and Android 4.0.

Syncing of contacts and emails works. But the calendar has some issues.

Works

If I create an appointment on the computer, it gets synced to the phone.

If I edit the appointment, it gets synced.

If I create a recurring appointment without an end date, it gets synced.

Doesn't work

If I create an appointment from my phone, I can't see it in Outlook. Only on my phone

If I edit any appointment created on the computer from my phone, the changes is not visible from Outlook.

If I create an recurring appointment with an end date, only the first occurence is visible on the phone.

Other info

I have tried running the https://testexchangeconnectivity.com/ tool, and I get no errors.

I have a SSL certificate from a trusted third party certificaet authorization (GoDaddy.com).

Outlook Anywhere works.

ActiveSync works from a Windows Mobile 6.5 device (tested with emulator).

Is this a known problem? Is there a solution for this problem?

I've got no problems syncing the same phones with an Exchange 2010 server.

• 편집됨 Glenn.G 2012년 3월 14일 수요일 오후 12:10
    2012년 3월 14일 수요일 오후 12:05

답변

• I was going to recommend you test using the emulator.  This is more likely an issue with the devices than Exchange as you have probably seen from many posts.

I would try and update the deviced to the latest.

I know it works with 2010, but the EAS implementation on the devices may only support 2010 and not 2003, saying that I have an Samsung Galaxy s2 and it works fine.

Sukh

2012년 3월 14일 수요일 오후 11:58

모든 응답

• I was going to recommend you test using the emulator.  This is more likely an issue with the devices than Exchange as you have probably seen from many posts.

I would try and update the deviced to the latest.

I know it works with 2010, but the EAS implementation on the devices may only support 2010 and not 2003, saying that I have an Samsung Galaxy s2 and it works fine.

Sukh

2012년 3월 14일 수요일 오후 11:58
  • Hi,

Try the following article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc483040.aspx

HKEY_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\VirusScan\ProactiveScanning

HKEY_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\VirusScan\BackgroundScanning

Set both values to 1 and quit the registry

Regards,

Ram

2012년 3월 21일 수요일 오후 11:36