none
Contact synchronization with android mobile devices

Pergunta

• I have Exchange 2003 and my users have different type droid devices connected.  The synchronization is peroformed successfully except tyhat the e-mail addresses are not mapped properly.Droid devices have multiple e-mail addresses and I am noticing that the contact email(s) and the Contact email(s) display are mapped to e-mail addresses on the device.  So there are duplicate e-mail addresses listed in different e-mail fields.  For example: email: john.doe@domain.com and Display as: John Doe (jihn.doe@domain.com).  When this data is syched to the mobile device, the e-mail address is mapped to the e-mail address and the Display as is mapped to anothe e-mail field and is listed as: john.doe@domain.com <John Doe>

Both e-mail addresses work when selected, but it is just cconfusingto some people and wanted to know if there is a way  to fix or change thefield mapping.

Thanks

Bilal

quinta-feira, 16 de fevereiro de 2012 19:20

Respostas

Todas as Respostas

• Hi Bilal,

How did  you sync the contact to Android devices? From ActveSync or a cable?

Can you find the same duplicated email addresses in Outlook or OWA?

thanks.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

sexta-feira, 17 de fevereiro de 2012 06:28
  • Hello, Is there any update?

Fiona Liao

segunda-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2012 05:03
  • That seems like an Adroid issue, I'd update to 3.2 which I believe is the latest and check again.

Also, test using Windows mobile, if there;s no issue there, then your issue is with Android.

Sukh

quinta-feira, 23 de fevereiro de 2012 00:50
  • Hi Fiona_Liao,

The Sychronization is done using activesync, corporate sync (on the droids).  It is not really duplicates.  In outlook, you have an e-mail address and a display address (composed of e-mail and full name), so when there arsynched to the phone, e-mail1 is sent to e-mail on the phone and display is seen as an e-mail and sent to e-mail 2.  You can not have an empty display name, outlook automatically fills in for you.  Is there a way to select which fields are mapped?

In gmail, there is no display name so everything is mapped correctly, email to email.

segunda-feira, 27 de fevereiro de 2012 17:21
  • The device is at the latest.  As I stated before, it is a data mapping and wanted to know if there is a way to change the mapping.

Thanks,

Bilal

segunda-feira, 27 de fevereiro de 2012 17:27
  • The mapping seems to be on the android than exchange.  A simple test would be to test in a Windows Phone. Test with an iPhone too.

Sukh

segunda-feira, 27 de fevereiro de 2012 17:31
  •  

Hi Bilal,

Thanks for your update.

We cannot specify how contacts are synced. I agree with Sukh to test with other kind of mobile devices to isolate the fault. Your understanding would be appreciated.

Fiona Liao

sexta-feira, 2 de março de 2012 07:12
  • Hello,

Any update? If no more questions on this thread, we may mark it as answered. Thanks.

Fiona Liao

segunda-feira, 5 de março de 2012 07:18