none
Directory Lookup and Contacts

Pergunta

• We want to implement directory lookup and allow people to transfer to all extensions. However, I realize I need to have directory entires for every possible extension someone would dial. While this is fine for individuals, I'm struggling to find the right solution to allow this for group extensions, e.g. our HR department.

I want to avoid creating UM enabled mailboxes for all these group extensions if at all possible. So, can I use contacts in AD? Must the contact be mail enabled?

Please help!

segunda-feira, 27 de fevereiro de 2012 20:08

Todas as Respostas

• I have found that by disabling name lookup, I am able to enter an extension of any length. But for anything I enter that isn't in my dial plan I receive, Sorry I am not permitted to make that call. If I enter a correct extension, it asks if I want to leave a voicemail instead and then forwards me to the extension.

I suspect if I change my contact to a user mailbox it would let me forward. I am not sure the mailbox needs to be UM enabled, but I definitely do not want to allow people to leave these group extensions voicemail, I just want to allow transfers to their extension.

terça-feira, 28 de fevereiro de 2012 15:25
  • HI,

Contacts cannot be UM enabled.

Need Mailbox enabled users .Secondly, What are those extension ? Are those Phones or Lync Clients?

You may create Auto Attendant to transfer your calls and use the Default Global Address to search users.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124724.aspx

quarta-feira, 29 de fevereiro de 2012 20:15
  • The extensions are phone extensions. We use Cisco Call Manager as our VOIP solution. So I have the CM boxes setup as my IP gateways for the auto attendant. I have it set to search default global address list, I have the contact in the address list with the phone extension, but it always comes back with it is not permitted to make that call. I have a dial group of all on the dial plan and auto attendant that allows all dialing (*).
    quinta-feira, 1 de março de 2012 13:03