none
Problems adding exchange 2010 account in Outlook 2010 on terminal server

Pergunta

• Hi

Don`t know if this is an Exchange problem or a terminal server problem. But i`m trying her first.

1 x Exchange 2010 SP1 Multi Tenant/Hosted
    1 x PDC (Server 2008 R2)
    1 x Terminal Server (Citrix XenApp 6.0, Server 2008 R2)
    Outlook 2010 (x86 Office) as mail clients.

The Exchange and all other server are on the same internal domain.

The issue is this, i have a mailbox user that is also a terminal server user (Name: user1). I can add this account to Outlook without problems, both manually and automatic (autodiscover).

If i create a new terminal user (Name: user2), without mailbox. And try to add the user1 mailbox manually or with autodiscover, i get an error message in outlook that Outlook can`t resolve the username in the adressbook.

Anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

quinta-feira, 21 de junho de 2012 13:14

Todas as Respostas

• if you dont mind can you please share how you are creating the terminal user... as i can suspect you are only creating an AD object not the mailbox account ...

and i think you yourself saying you created user without mailbox ... then where you are trying to add it ...?

MARK AS USEFUL/ANSWER IF IT DID

Thanks
    Happiness Always
    Jatin

sexta-feira, 22 de junho de 2012 05:02
  • Hi, i`m just creating a user on the in AD, with no mailbox yes. But shouldn`t I be able to add it in Outlook, and adding the user1 mailbox in user2 outlook profile. Not trying to add it as a second mailbox in Outlook.

The AD structure would look like this then.

local.domain.com

- TestGroup
    - user2
    - Microsoft Exchange Hosted Organizations
    - mydomain.com
    - user1
    - hosteddomain.com
    - user14
    - testdomain.com
    - user19

So the user2 is not in the exchange group, and is not a mailbox user either.

• Editado nPulz sexta-feira, 22 de junho de 2012 06:06
    sexta-feira, 22 de junho de 2012 06:05
  • dont think you can add a non mailbox user to outlook ... . ? secondly what purpose its gonna solve ...?

Thanks
    Happiness Always
    Jatin

sexta-feira, 22 de junho de 2012 06:08
  • I`m not trying to add a non mailbox user in outlook, user1 is a mailbox enabled user, not trying to setup users2 as a mailbox in outlook.

The scenario is that user1, has two working locations, and want to be connected to the terminal server, from both locations at the same time.

sexta-feira, 22 de junho de 2012 06:16
  • sorry ... please dont mind ..can you please explain your scenario again .. as frmo above post not able to gain much ... will be happy to help

Thanks
    Happiness Always
    Jatin

sexta-feira, 22 de junho de 2012 06:46
  • Sorry for bad writing.

My scenario is as follows:

I have a user (TS: user1 / Mail: user1@mydomain.com) that is a user of both the terminal server and Exchange 2010 hosted.
    User1 has published the entire Office 2010 32 bit, and is using Outlook 2010 as a email client.

User two (TS: USER2) is only a terminal server user. He has also published the entire Office 2010 suite. Since he is not mailbox-enabled, he wants top open user1`s email account in his Outlook 2010 published client.

When he tries to add the user1@mydomain.com account in Outlook, he gets error that:
    - No instances of this name in the address list.
    - Server or mailbox name can not be solved.

This should in theory work the same way as you try and add the email account for user1 on a remote computer.

Hope you understand me better now.

sexta-feira, 22 de junho de 2012 07:25
  • perfect ...

please check below and let me know if that make sense

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/office-2003-resource-kit/considerations-when-installing-outlook-in-a-terminal-services-environment-HA001140268.aspx

Thanks
    Happiness Always
    Jatin

sexta-feira, 22 de junho de 2012 07:34
  • Hi

This article is for Office 2003, we are running Office 2010. But i don`t know what in that article should help?

sexta-feira, 22 de junho de 2012 08:23
  • We are not using cache exchange mode in Outlook.
    terça-feira, 26 de junho de 2012 07:23
  • Anyone have any tips?
    quarta-feira, 4 de julho de 2012 11:12