none
UM server placement

Întrebare

• We use a centralized model where all our Exchange 2010 servers are in one site. We also use Lync 2010 in the central site.

We will be installing Lync at a remote site The site will have an sba with a pbx and voice gateway. We also want to use UM.

Can I install the UM in the central site or does it have to go inthe remote site? If it does have to go in the remote site, do I need to install other Exchange servers in that site with other key roles?

14 martie 2012 02:09

Răspunsuri

• This may depend greatly on whether your WAN can handle the voice traffic for UM (and possibly Lync as well) or not.  If it can I would put the Exchange 2010 UM role as close to your CAS/CAS Array/Mailbox server roles as possible.  If the UM role is remote from the CAS/MB the user/caller experience is not that great of a story (not to mention probably not supported).
    • Marcat ca răspuns de IT2B 15 martie 2012 18:10
    14 martie 2012 21:48

Toate mesajele

• This may depend greatly on whether your WAN can handle the voice traffic for UM (and possibly Lync as well) or not.  If it can I would put the Exchange 2010 UM role as close to your CAS/CAS Array/Mailbox server roles as possible.  If the UM role is remote from the CAS/MB the user/caller experience is not that great of a story (not to mention probably not supported).
    • Marcat ca răspuns de IT2B 15 martie 2012 18:10
    14 martie 2012 21:48
  • Thanks for the response.

We would prefer to stay with the central model. 

This link shows a central model as well.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123925.aspx

• Editat de IT2B 15 martie 2012 18:10
    15 martie 2012 18:10