none
Email address policy - time to apply?

Soru

• Creqtaed a new email address policy that added a second smtp address to everyone in an OU tree (not the reply addy, a second recieve for now).  The rule wizard completed successfully, and the "preview" button shows all the people I expect to have the new address applied to.

The completion message did say that this may 'take hours' to take effect.  It's been 3, any way to speed it up or check that it is really in process?

The rule has a priority of 5 - the highest number of any of my rules.  Higher numerically does mean highest priority right?  Just checking that it isn't the other way around, like a route statement with 1 being the lowest 'cost'

TIA!

EDIT: to correct spelling and errors caused by horrible typing skills.
    • Düzenleyen Jbrady33 30 Mart 2012 Cuma 19:48
    30 Mart 2012 Cuma 19:46

Yanıtlar

• Yes I did, but I found my solution in another thread.  The priority is 1 = highest/wins, not highest numerically wins.  That isn't stated very clearly on the menus.

• Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen Jbrady33 02 Nisan 2012 Pazartesi 14:01
    02 Nisan 2012 Pazartesi 14:01

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Did you run Update-EmailAddressPolicy?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

01 Nisan 2012 Pazar 06:53
  • Yes I did, but I found my solution in another thread.  The priority is 1 = highest/wins, not highest numerically wins.  That isn't stated very clearly on the menus.

• Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen Jbrady33 02 Nisan 2012 Pazartesi 14:01
    02 Nisan 2012 Pazartesi 14:01