none
Need help with thumbnail photos showing in OAB

Soru

• I'm hoping someone can help.  I'm able to view my thumbnail photos in Outlook 2010 in non-cached mode, but cannot when in Outlook 2010 cache mode.  I tried updating and regenerating my OAB, but still no photos showing.  We are running Exchange Server 2010.
    20 Mart 2011 Pazar 08:56

Yanıtlar

• Hi,

To prevent Outlook cached mode clients from displaying thumbnail photos (remember, the photo is not in the OAB— just a pointer to go fetch it from AD), you can remove the thumbnailPhoto attribute from the ConfiguredAttributes property of an OAB using the following command:

$attributes = (Get-OfflineAddressBook "Default Offline Address Book").ConfiguredAttributes
    $attributes.Remove("thumbnailphoto,Indicator")
    Set-OfflineAddressBook "Default Offline Address Book" -ConfiguredAttributes $attributes

More information about GAL Photos and the Offline Address Book

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2010/03/10/3409495.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen Frank.Wang 28 Mart 2011 Pazartesi 09:54
    23 Mart 2011 Çarşamba 05:40
    Moderatör

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Is OAB updating properly?
    Any event you see in App Log related on OAB?

Gulab | MCTS-MCITP Messaging: 2010 | MCTS-MCITP Messaging: 2007 | MCC 2011 | Skype: Gulab.Mallah
    20 Mart 2011 Pazar 09:05
  • Yes.  I've been working on the following OAB generation event ID errors: 9320, 9327, 9328, 9373, 9369.   I'm guessing that's what my issues is.  Looking for help on those also.  Adding new mailboxes and have them appear in OAB seem to not be an issue at this time, just the photos.
    20 Mart 2011 Pazar 23:35
  • You can try like this:

1. Create your new Offline Address List (the one that is failing).

2. Only configure it for 'Public Folder Distribution'.

3. Rebuild your Offline Address List - you should see this complete with a 9107 event.

4. Go back and reconfigure your OAB for 'Web Distribution'.

5. Rebuild your Offline Address List - you should see this complete with a 9107 event.

6. Check your (CAS) Client Access Server for the 'General' 1008 event to make sure that the OAB files were copied over.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dgoldman/archive/2008/12/17/exchange-2007-oab-generation-fails-with-the-following-errors-9369-9328-and.aspx

Jack Zhou
    21 Mart 2011 Pazartesi 01:47
    Moderatör
  • Hi,

To prevent Outlook cached mode clients from displaying thumbnail photos (remember, the photo is not in the OAB— just a pointer to go fetch it from AD), you can remove the thumbnailPhoto attribute from the ConfiguredAttributes property of an OAB using the following command:

$attributes = (Get-OfflineAddressBook "Default Offline Address Book").ConfiguredAttributes
    $attributes.Remove("thumbnailphoto,Indicator")
    Set-OfflineAddressBook "Default Offline Address Book" -ConfiguredAttributes $attributes

More information about GAL Photos and the Offline Address Book

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2010/03/10/3409495.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen Frank.Wang 28 Mart 2011 Pazartesi 09:54
    23 Mart 2011 Çarşamba 05:40
    Moderatör