none
Filter Emails by Gender

常规讨论

• Overall my idea is to filter gender is so i can send emails only to males or to female but not to whole organisation.

How would i filter emails?

Iam trying to filter emails based on the gender. Is it possible to configure some one on exchange 2010?

i know of 3 ways of doing this through

first:  OWA\distribution list where the user creates the distribution list and adds users according to the gender

second: users will have to create a list in outlook contact and add users by gender.

thirdly to create two different distribution groups Fmale and male and add users accordly.

Is there any other way that i could be able to filter by gender and to send emails instead of creating the above, if you know could you please assist with you briliant ideas.

Thank you

KB

2012年6月18日 0:46

全部回复

• On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 00:46:32 +0000, KoalaBear wrote:

>
    >
    >Overall my idea is to filter gender is so i can send emails only to males or to female but not to whole organisation.
    >
    >How would i filter emails?
    >
    >Iam trying to filter emails based on the gender. Is it possible to configure some one on exchange 2010?
    >
    >i know of 3 ways of doing this through
    >
    >first: OWA\distribution list where the user creates the distribution list and adds users according to the gender
    >
    >second: users will have to create a list in outlook contact and add users by gender.
    >
    >thirdly to create two different distribution groups Fmale and male and add users accordly.
    >
    >Is there any other way that i could be able to filter by gender and to send emails instead of creating the above, if you know could you please assist with you briliant ideas.

Extend your AD schema by adding a "Gender" attribute.

http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/microsoft-management-console-mmc/extending-the-user-class-in-the-ad-schema

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    2012年6月18日 3:24
  • Extending the schema seems extreme.  I would explore adding "Male" or "Female" in customattribute1 for example and then filter on that with transport rules.

Though I must ask - why on earth would you want to do this?  

Mike Crowley | MVP
    My Blog -- Planet Technologies

2012年6月18日 5:03
    版主
  • Agree with Mike, probably best not to extend your schema. It will be harder to filter on and update through the GUI too.. Just use custom attributes if you must.

I don't know where in the world you are and what local legislation is, but I would be wary of implementing something like this. It sounds like a potential lawsuit waiting to happen. In the days when I was on the customer side, I would not do anything that sounded dodgy, full stop.

Legitimate scenarios I can think of usually involve HR departments wanting to do equality surveys and the like, and typically they might want to personalise the message in some way anyway, and will already have a database with fields including gender. I'd kind of lean towards suggesting they look at doing a mail merge using their information and leave well alone ;-)

Steve

Steve Goodman
    Check out my Blog for more Exchange info or find me on Twitter

2012年6月18日 11:31
  • or maybe k-12 private schools, etc

Mike Crowley | MVP
    My Blog -- Planet Technologies

2012年6月18日 15:49
    版主
  • Hi Guys,

iam not trying to do something which needs the company or HR departments attention.

All iam tyring to figure out is something like this here is an examle;

When there is a meeting and  only ladies are to attain and the meeting gender is send to the ladies you dont want the emails to go to the males coz it obviously males dont need to know.

So i trying to figure out how to (sort or filter) emails by gender when anyone organising meeting they would only send emails to females or males when required.

Let me know if you have brilliant ideas coz i dont think extending scheme is something i need to do.

cheers

KB

2012年6月18日 22:37
  • On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 05:03:52 +0000, Mike Crowley wrote:

>Extending the schema seems extreme.

Why does it seem extreme? If it's a datum that's necessary why not
    codify it with a meaningful name and set of characteristics?

>I would explore adding "Male" or "Female" in customattribute1 for example and then filter on that with transport rules.

extentionAttributes are, IMO, too general for a this. There are also
    (currently) too few of them.

>Though I must ask - why on earth would you want to do this?

Maybe he has advertising (for example) that's less effective if it's
    sent to the wrong audience. Advertising jockstraps to women probably
    wouldn't be very cost-effective. :-)

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

2012年6月19日 3:35
  • On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 11:31:40 +0000, Steve Goodman wrote:

>Agree with Mike, probably best not to extend your schema. It will be harder to filter on and update through the GUI too.. Just use custom attributes if you must.

So don't use the GUI.

>I don't know where in the world you are and what local legislation is, but I would be wary of implementing something like this. It sounds like a potential lawsuit waiting to happen.

Like putting pictures in the AD? Or licence plate numbers? Or "Mr",
    "Mrs" or "Ms"?

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

2012年6月19日 3:39
  • Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your input on the above issue i was struggling with, i have created two email groups and added the users according to the groups.

thank you once again for responding on my requery.

Kind reagrds

KB

2012年6月25日 22:16
  • I don't know where in the world you are and what local legislation is, but I would be wary of implementing something like this. It sounds like a potential lawsuit waiting to happen.

When there is a meeting and  only ladies are to attain and the meeting gender is send to the ladies you dont want the emails to go to the males coz it obviously males dont need to know.

Could be in a number of countries where men and women might not mingle - Arabian peninsula comes to mind.

Or in the West where there's a "Men's Club" or "Women's Club" component of a larger organization (church, ethnic organization).

Or Ladie's Night Out thing.

Who knows.

Would seem strange in the Western corporate world though.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

2012年6月26日 2:03