none
Recover Deleted Items in Outlook 2007

问题

• I followed the procedures exactly and am still unable to Recover Deleted Items in my email Outlook 2007, any suggestions?  

Here is what I did ....By default, the Recover Deleted Items functionality is only enabled on the Deleted Items folder in a user's private folders. Items that are hard deleted cannot be recovered. To enable the Recover Deleted Items functionality on mail folders other than the Deleted Items folder (for example, for the Sent Items, Drafts, Outbox and Inbox folders), make the following changes to the registry: Start Registry Editor. Locate and then click the following key in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Options On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value: Value name: DumpsterAlwaysOn Data type: DWORD Value data: 1 Close Registry Editor.

*Still no Recover Deleted Items function......      

Michelle Burks

2012年3月10日 13:15

全部回复

• I followed the procedures exactly and am still unable to Recover Deleted Items in my email Outlook 2007, any suggestions?  

Here is what I did ....By default, the Recover Deleted Items functionality is only enabled on the Deleted Items folder in a user's private folders. Items that are hard deleted cannot be recovered. To enable the Recover Deleted Items functionality on mail folders other than the Deleted Items folder (for example, for the Sent Items, Drafts, Outbox and Inbox folders), make the following changes to the registry: Start Registry Editor. Locate and then click the following key in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Options On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value: Value name: DumpsterAlwaysOn Data type: DWORD Value data: 1 Close Registry Editor.

*Still no Recover Deleted Items function......      
    • 已合并 Gavin-Zhang 2012年3月13日 9:10 duplicate
    2012年3月10日 12:53
  • Hi Michelle

Is your Outlook 2007 client connected to a Microsoft Exchange server using MAPI or RPC/HTTP - this is a requirement for this feature - the server also needs to have deleted item retention enabled.  If you connect to any other kind of mail server and/or use POP3 or IMAP you will not be able to recover deleted items.

Cheers, Steve

2012年3月10日 13:36
  • Duplicate of http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrclients/thread/0c2960cd-0dc7-4a49-b6ad-ec4a8cfd3403
    2012年3月10日 13:37
  • could not find this......

Michelle Burks

2012年3月10日 13:41
  • And did you close and re-open Outlook?

What do you mean by "Still no recover deleted items function?" You can't see the menu choice, or you dont see the messages to recover?

2012年3月10日 13:45
  • No menu choice.

Yes I closed and reopened.

Yes, I believe it is connected to a Microsoft Exchange Server.  So No way at all?  How do I enable the deleted items retention???  Thank you, Michelle

Michelle Burks

2012年3月10日 23:20
  • No menu choice.

Yes I closed and reopened.

Yes, I believe it is connected to a Microsoft Exchange Server.  So No way at all?  How do I enable the deleted items retention???  Thank you, Michelle

Michelle Burks

If there is no menu choice that is a different issue. Deleted item retention is not related to ability to see the menu choice.

How exactly are you doing this? Within which folder.

In order to see the Dumpster under the inbox, you need to highlight the inbox (or the folder you wish to recover from), then Tools/Recover deleted items.

2012年3月11日 1:28
  • Hi Michelle,

As above referred, how the outlook2007 connect to the exchange server, and which version of your exchange server.
    Detailed information for you:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997155(v=exchg.80).aspx 
    Please make some tests on other client.
    Confirm the outlook use MAPI to connect to exchange server.

Regards! 

Gavin

TechNet Community Support

2012年3月13日 9:51
  • I simply highlight the Deleted Items folder and no "Recover Deleted Items" shows up on any folder I highlight.

Michelle Burks

2012年3月13日 12:33
  • Sounds like you arent connected to an Exchange server using MAPI.

2012年3月13日 12:43
  • How do I know if I am connected to an Exchange server using MAPI???  Is there a link I can read about this? I am not veery saavy.

Michelle Burks

2012年3月14日 20:31
  • Hi Michelle,

How do you configure the outlook to connect to exchange server?
    Do you chose the pop3 or other?

Regards!

Gavin

2012年3月15日 4:08
  • Not sure, hoe do I find this out?  And, how do I locate the Exchange Management Shell?

Michelle Burks

2012年3月15日 6:43
  • Hi Michelle,

About how to configure outlook with exchange server, please follow below:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc303412(v=office.12).aspx 
    When we want to learn something, it is better to do some tests follow the DOC through Technet Library by ourself, or it is difficult to understand some very based knowledge. :)
    About how to locate EMS, please follow as below:
    start -> Exchange Management Shell

Regards!

Gavin

2012年3月16日 6:11
  • It is Business Outlook 2007 and I believe uses POP3. So no way to recover "hard deleted" emails?

Michelle Burks

2012年3月16日 12:54
  • Hi Michelle,

Sure, you are right. Because when we use POP3 to receive the message, the message will be downloaded from the server on the location of the client.
    If you have configured it to keep a copy  on server, it would be good.
    But, if you have not configured it to keep a copy on server, there is no method to recover the messages unless you have some backup.

Regards!

Gavin

2012年3月19日 3:53
  • Can you direct me to the instructions or tell me how I can configure it to keep a copy on the server?  Or how I might even have some backup?

Thanks! Michelle

Michelle Burks

2012年3月19日 18:09
  • Hi MIchelle,

If you configure outlook using POP3, and you want to keep a copy of your messages on the server, under Delivery, click Leave a copy of messages on the server.
    Due to backup, it is depend on whether you have back up the PST file on the client end, I suppose you have not done.

Regards!

Gavin

2012年3月20日 6:47
  • Okay, I am not so savvy, where is this Delivery on the server???

Michelle Burks

2012年3月20日 14:29
  • Okay, I am not so savvy, where is this "Delivery" on the server??? Michelle

Michelle Burks

2012年3月22日 0:02
  • Hi Michelle,

Actually, about how to configure the outlook, it is not related with exchange, it is better to post your issue on bleow forum:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/category/officeitpro 
    Email setting-> advanced -> delivery
    If you do not know, it is better to check all the configuration, then you will be familar with all of them. :)
    If you have other issue realted exchange, please feel free let us know.

Regards!

Gavin

2012年3月22日 2:59
  • How do I access my Outlook Mail 2007 (Business edition) from a public computer while I am travelling?

Michelle Burks

Michelle Burks

2012年3月23日 13:39
  • Hi Gavin, How do I set up my computer in Outlook 2007 so that I can access my emails from other computers?

Michelle

Michelle Burks

2012年3月24日 18:26
  • I was able to set up webmail using integra.net but not all the messages appear? Is this normal or what settings do I need to do.

Michelle

Michelle Burks

2012年3月25日 21:02
  • Hi Michelle,

Sure, it is normal, if you configured outloook using POP3 connected to exchange server, that means some emails already downloaded on you client end.
    So, if you access the mailbox using OWA, there are just some latest emails on it.

Regards!  

Gavin

2012年3月26日 2:00
  • Is there anyway to configure it so all of them show up? The emails I send from my main computer are not showing up on my OWA.

Michelle

Michelle Burks

2012年3月26日 12:55
  • Hi Michelle,

There is no way to configure it on the OWA.
    Because that you configured outlook using pop3 to connect to the exchange server, and the message could not be kept on the server side.
    I would suggest that you could configure the outlook using MAPI.

Regards!

Gavin

2012年3月27日 7:29
  • Hi Gavin,

Even the messages I send cannot be kept, and none even end up in the trash when deleted? I get my new emails, then they just disappear from OWA so I am unable to access them later. Is there a way to configure with POP to have it save my sent or received emails as all?

If not, can you direct me to how I can configure using MAPI?  I travel alot and do not want to bring my laptop all the time.

Thank you, Michelle

Michelle Burks

2012年3月27日 13:13
  • Hi Michelle,

Which version of exchange do you use?
    Does the computer on which the outlook hosted join into the domain?
    If not, that mean you will use ROH or outlookanywhere to connect to exchange.
    About how to manually the outlook using MAPI to connect to exchange on the computer joined in the domain:
    -Go to your computer's Control Panel (not the Control Panel for your account).
    -Open Mail.

-Click Show Profiles.
    -Click Add.
    -Type a profile name, then click OK.
    -Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types then click Next.
    -Select Microsoft Exchange and click Next.
    -Type your Server FQDN as the Microsoft Exchange Server name. Note: You can find the correct name for this setting in your account's Control Panel under MS Exchange Server 2007/2003| Setup. Click the link under Advanced Users: You can click here for information on how to configure Outlook manually.
    -Type your Exchange Mailbox Username. if exchange 2010, use cas server name or cas array name.
    -Select Use Cached Exchange Mode.
    -click OK, Apply, OK, Next, Finish and OK to save changes.
    Start Outlook.
    If you are configure outlook anywhere or ROH, please follow below:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179036(v=office.12).aspx 

Regards!

Gavin

2012年3月28日 8:03
  • Hi Gavin,

What is interesting is I was able to see my email "sent" or "trash" in OWA a couple weeks ago and now I am not, just the current emails that come in and then are gone once read. I played with some settings so do you know why that may have changed. I'd like to have the "sent" and "trash" ones there again. Do you know how I can do this?

Michelle 

Michelle Burks

2012年3月30日 14:05
  • Hi Michelle,

Which kind of exchange do you use?
    If you are a client, it is better to contact the IT admin to help you to confirm the issue.
    What I have referred, if you understand them, please check them step by step.

Regards!

Gavin

2012年4月2日 3:13
  • Hi Gavin, 

So here is what I am thinking?  Can I install Outlook Business 2007 on a separate computer and still access my email without issue?  The reason I ask is that I decided to leave one laptop at work and get a new one (potentially an Ipad) and install Outlook 2007 so I can send and receive emails while travelling.  Is this an option as well?  That way I can see sent and delete messages easily.  I just was not sure if I was able to install the software on both and set them up exactly the same on two different computers.  Will it show a conflict or mess things up?  Thanks much!

Michelle

Michelle Burks

2012年4月9日 12:52