none
Multiple Domains In Same AD Site Design Question

问题

• Good Day,

I have 1 root domain and 10 child domains spanning 5 ad sites. Considering the A domain is the root, I am planning a cas array, hub servers, edge, proxy and a dag in domain B  (ad site 2) with symmetrical setup for dr (dac) in site 3.

I am looking to add a dag from domain C (ad site 2 dr via dac to site 3) to the configuration and am planning on using the cas, hub, edge and proxy from domain B. The mail domain is all the same mx - xyz.com

What challenges or limitations regarding mail and web services does this design present, if any?

Thank you.

SK

2012年6月18日 15:20

答案

• You can't have a DAG span other domains, therefore this needs to be considered in your design.  Unless the child domains span the other AD sites you can't do this.

Other general rules is 1 CAS Array per AD site, 1 Edge Subscription per AD site.

Sukh

2012年6月18日 15:57
  • Thanks Sukh. Domain B and C both span site 2 and 3 so therefore would the dag in each domain then be possible?

Yes across both sites.

Sukh

• 已标记为答案 Skoojo 2012年6月19日 14:05
    2012年6月18日 17:31

全部回复

• You can't have a DAG span other domains, therefore this needs to be considered in your design.  Unless the child domains span the other AD sites you can't do this.

Other general rules is 1 CAS Array per AD site, 1 Edge Subscription per AD site.

Sukh

2012年6月18日 15:57
  • Thanks Sukh. Domain B and C both span site 2 and 3 so therefore would the dag in each domain then be possible?
    2012年6月18日 17:02

Yes across both sites.

Sukh

• 已标记为答案 Skoojo 2012年6月19日 14:05
    2012年6月18日 17:31