none
FEP client deployed but not reporting

Frage

• I have an issue with Windows XP clients.  FEP gets deployed, but these clients stay in the Not Reporting state.  How can I force the client to report or find out why this is happening?

Thanks.

Freitag, 11. März 2011 04:42

Alle Antworten

• Have you makde sure that DCM is enebled in  Config Mgr and DCM policies are applied to the computer. you should have a tab separatley for this on the Config MGr Client on the windows xp machine.
    Regards Stefan Schörling Blog: Http://www.msfaq.se
    Freitag, 11. März 2011 07:37
  • I have not set up DCM.  The Windows 7 machines work fine.  Do I need to use DCM w/ Windows XP?

Thanks.

Freitag, 11. März 2011 13:52
  • Hi,

Yes, DCM is a requirement and needs to be enabled.

Cheers,

Bess, Kenneth - http://www.systemcenterblog.net - http://www.systemcenterforum.net
    Freitag, 11. März 2011 16:11
  • Turns out DCM is enabled and I see the FEP baselines in SCCM.   However, if I look at the tab in Config Manager client, the Windows 7 machines show the proper baselines with the names, but Windows XP machines show unknown scopids in their names.   Any ideas why this is happening?  Looks like this may be the issue here.

I have tried many XP machines and they all do this.

Montag, 14. März 2011 20:36
  • For anyone else that is having this issue, the XP clients need to have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.   It did NOT work w/ Framework 4.0 for me.

I also had to do a repair on the DCM component on the client and manually evaluate the policies.   I am going to try to install .NET BEFORE installing FEP on an XP machine to see if this goes a little smoother.   I will report back.

Dienstag, 15. März 2011 15:36
  • I am having the same issue in my environment... did you find out how to resolve the issue?
    Donnerstag, 24. März 2011 19:51
  • I had the same issue with XP SP2 clients and DCM. To resolve it, as the previous post states, I installed dotnet 3.5 sp1. (I believe Dotnet 2.0 is the actual requirement). The DCM baselines now show correctly on the client tab, and evaluate as expected.

However in the report 'FEP > Reports > Computer List Report' all my clients still say 'Client not deployed' anyone had this issue?

Dienstag, 28. Juni 2011 15:33
  • Brothers,

Also try to deploy the "Filter manager rollup package for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (x86) KB914882". The weird thing happen to my environment is that even my XP Machines are on the Service Pack 3 level already but still appears in the "Not Reporting" collection. To resolve this issue, what I did is I deployed the following:

1. .Net Framework 2.0 (Run this one first)

2. .Net Framework 3.5 (Run this one 2nd)

3.   Filter manager rollup package for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (x86) KB914882. and it works "for Windows 7 Machines also the Filter Manger rollup is required but this time use the version of Filter Manager rollup for Windows 7".

The 230 Windows XP computer in my environment reported perfectly, and also the 27 Windows 7 computers as well. It works for me and Mr. Kennethbess is right DCM must be enabled (Prerequsites)

Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2011 05:39
  • Was this ever resolved? I've got the same problem. Only I've got some machines with .net 3.5 and some with .net 4. and I've got some that have everything in the configuration manager client baselines and some that don't. I have the DCM setup correctly, did that a while back when trying to fix this, but still having the same problem. I had on laptop that goes back and forth from reporting to not reporting.

Mike in IT

Dienstag, 5. Juni 2012 14:05