none
User communicating with External NIC in auto detect setting

Question

• Hello,

I am rolling out TMG server in my org. i set up 1 EMS with single array. Two servers connect with this array. now every thng is working fine in NLB (VIP)...

now i set up WPAD. i am facing issue (no internet) when i select " Auto Detect Setting " in browser. but when i put the Virtual IP in proxy setting it runs.

i traced my traffice via Wireshark it's showing that while enalbing Auto Detect Settting my traffic is hitting directly to my TMG External NIC which is not accessible and results in NO INTERNET.

Why my users are hitting External IP of TMG in Auto detect setting???

Hope to have my answers quickly

thanks in Advance

Friday, July 22, 2011 6:14 AM

All replies

• any one there????

Friday, July 22, 2011 10:10 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the post.

As far as I know, you should specify the NLB cluster’s virtual IP address in the location of the automatic configuration script, or by specifying the virtual IP address in the DNS or DHCP WPAD entry when you implementing NLB.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Monday, July 25, 2011 2:17 AM
  • Mr.Nick

thanks

Is it necessary to enter VIP in Automatic Configuration Script.... as i have already integrated WPAD with array instance.... i dont have DHCP environment so i did WPAD over DNS.

now what is the issue...

If i check the IE Auto detect setting client is hitting the External IP of TMG. hence reslulting in NO Internet...while entering the VIP in Proxy it works fine...

it mess up evry thng :(

Monday, July 25, 2011 1:13 PM
  • No one has got any idea????
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:46 AM