none
SP2 for Antigen 9.0 download ?

Question

• We're currently using Antigen for Exchange version 9 with SP1 (9.1) on several clustered and standalone Exchange 2003 servers.  We would like to upgrade to SP2 asap to address the issues with some of the engines being deprecated.

Where can we find the download for the SP2 update or the complete Antigen for Exchange version 9 with SP2 (9.2) package ? 

We're not particularly interested in the "Microsoft Antigen for Exchange with Antigen Spam Manager with SP2 Trial Software" download which seems to be the only one available. ( http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=866b63bf-6207-4197-9c5d-511b7212e40c&DisplayLang=en )

Thanks

Sam
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 9:56 PM

Answers

• We’ve had several inquiries from customers regarding the download of Antigen 9.0 with Service Pack 2 on the MVLS and VLSC sites – both on the download location and the format of the bits. 

First, to find the Antigen 9.0 with SP2 release on the MVLS/VLSC site, you can look in two places:

1)      Under “Messaging Security”

antigen 9 sp2 download

2)      Under “Forefront Security for Exchange Server 10.0 with Service Pack 2”

FSE 10 SP2

On VLSC, you will have to select your language and download speed, then hit “continue”, which will bring up the below download screen where you can download the Antigen 9.0 with SP2 products:

VLSC download page

We understand that this creates some confusion for customers looking under “Antigen”, so we will also be adding these downloads to the MVLS and VLSC sites as “Antigen for Exchange with Antigen Spam Manager 9.0 with SP2” and “Antigen for SMTP Gateways with Antigen Spam Manager 9.0 with SP2” by September 1, 2009. 

Second, we’ve had customers ask about why we no longer post stand-alone builds for Antigen for Exchange and Antigen for SMTP Gateways, and whether this means that they are downloading new “Antigen Spam Manager” bits that were not previously installed.  The answer to this is two-fold:

1)      The Antigen 9.0 with SP2 release includes new antispam technology from Cloudmark that we want to make available to all customers.  This antispam engine will provide a better overall antispam experience including higher detection rates, lower false positives, and improved submission and service experience.

2)      The previous “stand-alone” builds of Antigen for Exchange and Antigen for SMTP Gateways were exactly the same bits as the “with Antigen Spam Manager” versions – the only difference was a built-in license key which deselected the spam engine by default. 

For customers upgrading existing Antigen 9.0 installations to Antigen 9.0 with SP2, the antispam engine settings will carry over from the previously installed version.  Therefore, if you do not want the antispam functionality, there is no action required

For customers installing Antigen 9.0 with SP2 on new servers who do not want the antispam functionality, you can follow the below steps to easily disable it:

1.       In Run Job, select the Internet scan job and de-select Spam Scanning.

2.       In Scanner Updates select the SpamCure engine and press the Disable button on the right side of the screen.

3.       In Scanner Updates select the Cloudmark Authority Engine and press the Disable button on the right side of the screen.

4.       Open the Service Control Manager and Stop the Star Engine service.

5.       Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Scheduled Tasks and delete any entry related to SpamCure or Cloudmark

For more information on the Antigen 9.0 with SP2 releases, please visit the Antimalware Engine Notifications and Developments page. 

John
    • Marked as answer by sime3000 Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:23 PM
    Thursday, August 06, 2009 12:10 AM

All replies

• sime, since Antigen is not for free, you will find all the downloads in your reserved download page at microsoft (it depends from the type of contract you have, for example VLK)

as stated here
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971063
    in the download info section

you should look at the VLK site to download it with your license.

HTH.
    Diego Castelli
    • Proposed as answer by Diego Castelli Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:31 AM
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:44 PM
  • I'm guessing (ehm, i'm sure) if the suggestion was helpful. If so: mark it as answer / assign points., please.
    Diego Castelli
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:31 AM
  • I'm guessing (ehm, i'm sure) if the suggestion was helpful. If so: mark it as answer / assign points., please.
    Diego Castelli

Thanks for taking the time to respond but no its not helpful.  We're looking for either an SP2 download which will bring an SP1 installation up to SP2 or the complete 9.0 package with SP2.  None of the MS download sites we have access to including MSDN have an SP2 update or Antigen for Exchange 9.0 with SP2.  Do you work for Microsoft ?  If not I'd appreciate a response from a MS rep.

Friday, July 31, 2009 6:38 PM
  • We’ve had several inquiries from customers regarding the download of Antigen 9.0 with Service Pack 2 on the MVLS and VLSC sites – both on the download location and the format of the bits. 

First, to find the Antigen 9.0 with SP2 release on the MVLS/VLSC site, you can look in two places:

1)      Under “Messaging Security”

antigen 9 sp2 download

2)      Under “Forefront Security for Exchange Server 10.0 with Service Pack 2”

FSE 10 SP2

On VLSC, you will have to select your language and download speed, then hit “continue”, which will bring up the below download screen where you can download the Antigen 9.0 with SP2 products:

VLSC download page

We understand that this creates some confusion for customers looking under “Antigen”, so we will also be adding these downloads to the MVLS and VLSC sites as “Antigen for Exchange with Antigen Spam Manager 9.0 with SP2” and “Antigen for SMTP Gateways with Antigen Spam Manager 9.0 with SP2” by September 1, 2009. 

Second, we’ve had customers ask about why we no longer post stand-alone builds for Antigen for Exchange and Antigen for SMTP Gateways, and whether this means that they are downloading new “Antigen Spam Manager” bits that were not previously installed.  The answer to this is two-fold:

1)      The Antigen 9.0 with SP2 release includes new antispam technology from Cloudmark that we want to make available to all customers.  This antispam engine will provide a better overall antispam experience including higher detection rates, lower false positives, and improved submission and service experience.

2)      The previous “stand-alone” builds of Antigen for Exchange and Antigen for SMTP Gateways were exactly the same bits as the “with Antigen Spam Manager” versions – the only difference was a built-in license key which deselected the spam engine by default. 

For customers upgrading existing Antigen 9.0 installations to Antigen 9.0 with SP2, the antispam engine settings will carry over from the previously installed version.  Therefore, if you do not want the antispam functionality, there is no action required

For customers installing Antigen 9.0 with SP2 on new servers who do not want the antispam functionality, you can follow the below steps to easily disable it:

1.       In Run Job, select the Internet scan job and de-select Spam Scanning.

2.       In Scanner Updates select the SpamCure engine and press the Disable button on the right side of the screen.

3.       In Scanner Updates select the Cloudmark Authority Engine and press the Disable button on the right side of the screen.

4.       Open the Service Control Manager and Stop the Star Engine service.

5.       Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Scheduled Tasks and delete any entry related to SpamCure or Cloudmark

For more information on the Antigen 9.0 with SP2 releases, please visit the Antimalware Engine Notifications and Developments page. 

John
    • Marked as answer by sime3000 Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:23 PM
    Thursday, August 06, 2009 12:10 AM
  • Does that mean that we are unable to apply the service pack until we see it on the MVLS site? Or is feasible to download the trial and apply our existing key?

Monday, August 10, 2009 5:39 PM
  • JasJol -

I was unable to find a standalone SP2 package, nor was PSS when I called them on this very issue.  I was told that while the link was published, MVLS was 'reviewing' the issue.  However I was able to get the bits with a PSS ticket (for which I was not charged, due to the fact that the MVLS availability was published, and it was not actually available on the MVLS site.) 

Once I got the bits, I was forced to perform a complete uninstall and fresh reinstall of the whole app.  Upgrade wouldn't work for me.  As for the license, yes, you should use your existing key.  Steps (per  PSS, BTW) are as follows:
    1.  DL the package via your MVLS site and then EXPAND it.
    2.  copy your existing 'license.cfg' key from your current server and overwrite the one contained in the SP2 package. 
    3.  You should be able to install OK and not get the 'trial' issue.  Depending on your config, you may have to perform an uninstall followed by a fresh install of the SP2 version.  I have a 4-node A-A-A-P cluster, and that was the only way I could get it to work.  If you just have a standalone, it may work as a straight upgrade.

A word of warning about the SP2 package.  There are now 8 (!) A/V engines that Antigen uses, and all are enabled by default out of the box.  Further, it is still configured to use 2 processes by default.  Both of these issues can potentially cause HUGE resource problems <no available memory causing server crashes>, especially on multi-core CPU's <if you have a quad core CPU, it will allocate 1 process for EACH core, not just a single CPU, so if you're at 2-per, you're looking at 8 processes running for Antigen, each taking ~200MB of memory if it behaves>

After you install, I'd recommend turning down the default processes to just 1, and disabling a number of the engines to preserve processing resources.  I've disabled the Norman, Authentium and the 'Microsoft Antimalware' engines on my systems, and haven't had a repeat of the memory resource crashes.

BTW - I have a solid cluster install procedure if anyone needs it.  The documentation is contradictory and doesn't work, but my process <submitted to PSS as part of a ticket I had on this> does indeed work well.

Good luck...

• Proposed as answer by KayQ Monday, November 16, 2009 7:10 PM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 2:38 PM
  • AS STATED, officially you have to download the Whole Antigen with SP2 AND upgrade using that installer....

Diego Castelli
    Monday, August 24, 2009 9:59 AM
  • Hi El-Kabong  ,

Could you please provide me the step by step installation procedure that you have. We have two 4 nodes (A-A-A-P) exchange 2003 clusters. We also have some standalone exchange servers. All of them have Antigen SP1 with update rollup 5. We have an antigen resource created in the cluster for every virtual server. Please send me the procedure on rishi.vij@hotmail.com.  

Thanks in advance.

Friday, November 06, 2009 10:40 AM
  • Rishi vij,

I've sent the instructions in a Word doc to your addy above.  One difference with your setting is that we were NOT getting the cluster resources created in our EVS groups.  The instructions are a complete wipe and fresh install which worked great for us. 

Good Luck!

El Kabong
    • Proposed as answer by Rishi vij Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:18 AM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 8:44 PM
  • Hi El Kabong,

Thank you so much for that document.
    But un-install and reinstall would be a great mess for me. Our antigen clients are managed by FSSMC server. So reinstallation will remove these nodes from the console and the nodes will be left without huge number of settings that we have set in FSSMC.

Is that the only way for this upgrade is to reinstall. Or we can just upgrade the nodes without uninstalling/reinstalling things. This way all the old settings would remain on the nodes.

It would be great is you or anyone else could tell me if i can just do a simple upgrade. I have antigen SP1 with RU5. We also have the antigen cluster resource created for each EVS.
    We also have few standalone nodes and i know that a simple upgrade will work for them. I'm worried about is my two exchange clusters.

By the way your document is perfect if anyone comes across the situation to reinstall antigen. You have listed each and every step. Good work.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:41 AM
  • Rishi,
    Sorry, but my situation was that we did NOT have the pre-existing cluster resources, nor did we use the central console to manage our settings.  Given your situation, if you do not have a lab I'd strongly suggest one.  You can certainly use VM's for your 'physical' nodes, as I have.  Very helpful.  I did my testing & perfected my process there before I ever did anything in prod.  Given the issues I had with this, it went far toward easing my concerns by working everything out in a lab.  Plus you get to go through another cluster-build process to keep your skills sharp! <g>

I can't say for sure because I don't know your exact config, but because you already have the cluster resources, you may well be able to do an  in-place upgrade - just make sure to have a spare copy of your license.cfg (or replace it in your expanded source before you upgrade, as I did) in case it gets overwritten.  My primary problem was that I could not get the cluster resource to be created in my cluster groups with SP1 RUx (with both fresh and upgrade installs).  Once I got ahold of 9.0 SP2, even then an upgrade wouldn't work and thus I had to do a complete purge and reinstall, whereupon everything worked as it should.  

I'll say again:  If you've got 2 4-node clusters please test whatever procedure you use. 

Thanks for your kudos on my doc!  Much appreciated.  I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    Good luck
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 5:46 PM
  • Hello,

Can you send me the instructions to kquan64@yahoo.com?

thank you very much,

KQ
    Monday, November 16, 2009 7:15 PM

• KQ,
    Per your request, I've forwarded the doc to the email listed above.  FYI, this should also work for a fresh install - simply begin your work at the 'Phase II - Reinstallation' section.
    Good Luck, and remember:  TEST, TEST, TEST!
    El Kabong
    • Proposed as answer by El-Kabong Tuesday, December 08, 2009 7:57 PM
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 2:31 PM
  • We have a 2 node active/passive E2k3 cluster , running Antigen SP1 that we need to upgrade to SP2.  Can you send your installation instructions to (lazmanos at yahoo dot com)? 

Thanks!
    Tuesday, December 01, 2009 6:28 PM
  • chipANTzee -

Ask and you shall receive...
    Doc has been sent per your request.  Should work just fine for a 2-node, as the documented process is 'wash-rinse' and then repeat for each node in the cluster.  As I've said above, I don't know your current config, but you may be able to do an in-place upgrade by just starting at 'phase II'.  I do know the uninstall/reinstall worked fine for me, and on a 2-node it wouldn't add that much time.  Use your judgement and TEST, TEST, TEST!
    Good Luck,
    El Kabong

• Proposed as answer by El-Kabong Tuesday, December 08, 2009 7:57 PM
    Tuesday, December 08, 2009 7:50 PM
  • Hi El-Kabong,
    I've been reading about and i think i have need of your cluster install instructions.
    We have a 2 node A-P exchange 2003 enterprise cluster with antigen 9.1 installed.
    I believe that 9.1 is in fact 9.0 SP1.
    We want to go to SP2 as our CAVet and Sophos engines are not End of life.
    Can you help us out?.

Cheers
    My email address is peter.phillips@redcats.co.uk

Thanks again.
    Peter.
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 2:28 PM
  • Hello El-Kabong,

Could you please also provide me with the Cluster documentation? We need to troubleshoot further on Antigen 9.0 SP2 performance issues on a cluster, so maybe it is a good way of checking I didn't miss anything from the setup itself.

Feel free to send it to peter dot detender at ictinus dot be

Kind regards,

Peter
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 1:58 PM
  • El_kabong,

Im in a situation that i think is unique to those above but maybe you can help me with it Antigen 9.0 is taking up 50% of the procession power of my cpu on a stand alone exchange server 2003.  i want to uninstall it for and see if its causing my issues with the major slowness with emails.  If it works im gonna install the new version of it i fyou can please send me how to uninstall it from a stand alone server my addy will be sbryden@g1c.net
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 9:20 PM
  • All,

I really appreciate your interest in the Antigen doc.  I’m beginning to feel like I should get at least partial credit for a KB up on MS!  (On a related note, if you find this helpful, click the button saying as much)

Believe me, I went through a lot of trouble to get this figured out, and am happy to help others with similar issues.  The doc has been sent to you all via email.

I’ll address each of your questions next:

PETER PHILLIPS:  Your issue sounds fairly straightforward and you should be able to follow the doc as written.  Be aware that I was NEVER able to get the upgrade from SP1 to SP2 to succeed (and have it create the Antigen Cluster resource).  My only path was to uninstall/reinstall.  Your results may vary,  but if an upgrade doesn’t work you certainly have full backout/reinstall instructions in the doc.

PETER DE TENDER:  As for Performance issues, I’d first look in your task manager and see what you’ve got going in the ‘processes’ (See screenshot in the email I sent).  Look for instances of 'antigenrealtime.exe' and 'antigenservice.exe'.  Depending on your servers’ CPU config (# of procs + cores/proc, etc) you can get into real trouble real fast.  See my response to ‘JasJol’ in the posting regarding antigen-related crashes due to memory problems – it’s a HUGE resource hog.  Check out the ‘General’ config and see how many processes are assigned to antigen.  If it’s the default of ‘2’ then that means it’s 2x the amount of combined processors and each of those proc’s cores.  Turn it down to 1.  Also try disabling some of the engines.  That will help significantly.  Good luck.

SBRYDEN191:  Before you uninstall, check all of the performance issues that I cited above.  Adjusting these things can make a HUGE difference.  Once I did my performance tweaking my Exchange crashes stopped.  Next, despite the fact that you have a standalone Exchange the removal process for Antigen is identical and should be pretty straightforward.  You can just ignore any steps that reference Offlining or Onlining EVS or other cluster resources/groups.  What you should pay attention to is the part that talks about the REGKEYS to delete and any leftover folders/files that aren’t cleanly removed (it happens).  Make sure to backup and save your ‘license.cfg’ key before you uninstall!

Finally, as I’ve said before:  TEST, TEST, TEST!

Good luck, all.

El Kabong

• Proposed as answer by El-Kabong Thursday, December 17, 2009 10:12 PM
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 10:00 PM
  • Hey El-Kabong,

Could I also please get a copy of that install doc?  I have to do a cluster upgrade as well now that I've lost a few scanning engines.

And thanks for the tip on the engines too, they are indeed memory hogs!!

Thanks!!
    Mark
    (mowgus (at) hotmail)
    Saturday, December 19, 2009 5:41 AM
  • Hello El-Kabong,

I would also appreciate a copy of your cluster install doc if you could please send it along.

Thank You

Sam
    sime3000 (at) hotmail (dot) com
    Saturday, December 19, 2009 5:41 PM
  • Hi guys, I was stuck with something imp, so couldn't reply on these posts.... cluster install is a simple procedure....If you have antigen cluster resource already created in your environment then it is a simple upgrade. Only thing is, first upgrade all your active nodes and then passive nodes. you don't need to failover while upgrading your nodes. just bring the system attendent resource offline which will inturn bring other realted resources offline. Run the setup after that. Do not replace your license file if the setup asks you too and choose local install. once all the active nodes are done, upgrade your passive nodes. thats it. The setup may ask you for a restart so hold on untill you upgrade all you nodes. Once all of them are upgraded do the failovers and restart all your nodes one by one. All the engine updates would be turned on after the upgrade. So disable them and choose the engines you want in antivirus scanning.... thats it.... Good luck.... Rishi Vij.
    Sunday, December 20, 2009 5:23 PM
  • Hi El-Kabong, I have one issue here with antigen SP2 updates. The kaspersky engine update is always shown as failed in event logs of my nodes. When i actually go and check the engine folder, i see that the updates are happening, but with a delay of two or three days. Do you know how to fix this. Is there any known issue with kaspersky updates. All other engine updates work fine by the way.
    Sunday, December 20, 2009 5:45 PM
  • Sam,
    Doc has been forwarded.  Good luck!
    Monday, December 28, 2009 10:12 PM
  • Mark,
    Doc has been forwarded.  Good luck!
    Monday, December 28, 2009 10:13 PM
  • Rishi,
    I'll have to check on your Kaspersky issue and get back with you.  In fact, I've got to go through and do a complete revision of my AV engine selections/usage in light of the elimination of a number of them by MS.  I'll be in touch.
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:22 PM
  • wow! Looks like I found the only existing post, fourm, site that addresses my question! I have a single Antigen 9.1.1097 install on a Exchange front-end machine. Licensed, SA'd, and in need of the SP2. What first concerned me was that the only download seemed to be the complete Antigen w/SP2 package. Seems this has been addressed in the prior posts so I was going to ask if I could get this doc everyone has been discussing. And praise to the creator of this doc. Screwing up the company's email isn't my goal.

So, could someone please send me the document? kenders (at) macpas (dot) com  Thanks!
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:45 PM
  • I would suggest you also contact MS to get the latest post SP2 hotfix.  I had a lot of problems with the admin console hanging and scanning engine issues until I tracked down the hotfix and installed it.  Sigh...it used to be such a great product when it was Sybari.

Thanks for the Doc El-Kabong!
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:04 PM
  • funny thing, Microsoft 1st level sent me to here!
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 10:16 PM
  • Vduber_k

Your Antigen doc has been sent.  As I've said above, my doc was for a 4-node A-A-A-P cluster but the process should be roughly the same for a standalone.  Good Luck!

I don’t know what the deal is with this, but maybe Antigen 9.0 has just gone into extended support and MS PSS just doesn’t want to put forth the effort to support it anymore.  We’re going to be upgrading to Ex2010 this spring, and I’m dreading the Antigen/Forefront/Whatever headaches I’m going to encounter…  Perhaps there will be another doc... <g>

Perhaps I'll look into finding a semi-permanent place for the doc so I can just post it and then post the URL here.  That way anyone who wants it can just DL it rather than waiting for a request.  Anyone have any safe suggestions?

• Proposed as answer by El-Kabong Monday, January 18, 2010 8:07 PM
    Monday, January 18, 2010 5:32 PM
  • Hi El-Kabong,

Is there any chance of sending me the doc too? Email is russellst at hotmail dot com
    Have a few stand alone instances that will be upgradin soon so this could come in handy!

Thanks Alot!

RS
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 3:54 PM
  • RS - Doc has been sent per your request to email specified.  Hope it helps! 

BTW - I've been in contact with my MS TAM about this matter.  He has seen this thread, and I forwarded the PSS case history as well as the document itself to him.  Perhaps we'll get this up as an updated KB soon!
    Thanks,
    El Kabong
    • Proposed as answer by El-Kabong Wednesday, February 10, 2010 3:32 PM
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 10:06 PM
  • Hi there, glad i stumbled upon this thread.

Any chance i can have a copy of the doc please?

Thanks - Ian.
    Friday, January 29, 2010 10:08 AM
  • Ian,

Happy to if you provide me an email addy...

El Kabong
    Friday, January 29, 2010 9:39 PM
  • oops :)
    ianjhardie @ yahoo . co . uk

Thanks.

I.
    Monday, February 01, 2010 10:20 AM
  • Doc has been sent...

ALL: 
    I'll update the doc to reflect this, but thought I should note things here as well:  Please remember that MS has disabled/retired a number of the A/V engines that are present and active in the Out-Of-The-Box Install of Antigen 9.0 SP2, so make sure you have that  info available and set things up accordingly when you do your post-install config using my doc. 

Tx,
    El Kabong
    Tuesday, February 02, 2010 4:21 PM
  • Hi El-Kabong,

Is there any chance of sending me the doc too?
    Email is andreas.schaerer at gmz dot migros dot ch

Thanks Alot!

Andy
    Friday, February 05, 2010 2:39 PM
  • Andy,

Your email addy keeps giving me NDR's.  You need to clarify...
    Tx,

El Kabong
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 3:32 PM
  • Hello El-Kabong

I would greatly appreciate a copy, it sounds like it should be posted somwhere,, any links.

Thank you very much for your efforts. megahz2 @ work location listed in profile

Tony

tech
    Friday, February 19, 2010 9:19 PM
  • Tony,
    Doc has been sent to your addy at the domain specified in your profile.

Good Luck!
    El Kabong
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:35 PM
  • Hi All,

Does anyone know what this Antigen SMTP sink error is. I have seen it twice in my envorinment.
    Also a post SP2 hotfix for Antigen has been released. So are the installation steps similar as discussed above for an Exchange cluster.
    And one more thing. Is there any prerequisute for upgrading to windows 2003 SP2 on a server running FSSMC.

Thanks,
    Rishi.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 1:21 PM
  • Rishi,
    You didn't post any error details, so I doubt if anyone can help you until you do! 

FYi, I haven't installed 9.0 SP2 Rollup 1 (Found here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975355) in my lab, as it is temporarily unavailable.  Based on what I read, I can't say whether the installer is 'smart' enough to offline/online the Exchange Cluster resources as part of the install.  Based on my experience, you may have to offline the EVS before you run the patch on each cluster node, followed by a passive node install.

As for your 3rd question, if you're just upgrading your OS to SP2, I don't think that there would be any problems doing so.  I don't have any direct experience with FSSMC, however. 

I DID find a FSSMC forum, but it seems to be a ghost town right now - however, that usually means you can get your questions answered by the moderators pretty quick!  Try it out.
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ForefrontserverMC/thread/ad19b84e-d84b-4a32-96f7-52c712c1accf 

I stumbled across a FSSMC/Antigen Blog that may be able to help you.  It's maintained by an MS PSS staffer who is pretty good.  I actually worked with this guy during my Antigen Cluster issue.  His name is Van F., and his email is on the Blog Page. 
    http://blogs.technet.com/msfss_stuff/default.aspx

Tx,
    El Kabong
    "If You're Gonna Shoot, Shoot. Don't Talk." - Tuco
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 4:37 PM
  • Hi El Kabong.

I'm very frustating with the above related problems about updating my current Antigen SP1 to SP2 :(

Can you please send me your doc for perform the upgrade or maybe a fresh full installing ?

Thanks in advance !

PS. Alternative e-mail account in case of problems: gryeti @ yahoo.es

• Proposed as answer by El-Kabong Monday, March 29, 2010 8:33 PM
    Friday, March 19, 2010 1:34 PM
  • Accitano,

Per your request, the doc has been sent to your yahoo email addy.

Good Luck!

El Kabong

• Proposed as answer by El-Kabong Monday, March 29, 2010 8:33 PM
    Monday, March 29, 2010 8:33 PM
  • Please could some one share with me the Upgrade  document from Antigen 9.0 SP1 to SP2.

Environment - Exchange 2003 , A-P 2 Node cluster.

Thanks

Prabhu

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:04 AM
  • Please could some one share with me the Upgrade  document from Antigen 9.0 SP1 to SP2.

Thanks

Prabhu

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:05 AM
  • my E-mail ID

Prabhu2010@Gmail.com

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:06 AM
  • Prabhu,

My doc has been sent per your request...

Good Luck!

El Kabong

• Proposed as answer by El-Kabong Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:04 PM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:04 PM
  • El,

Can I join the request list for SP2 in a cluster environment?

jdenglere@lgsinnovations.com

Thanks

Thursday, April 08, 2010 1:57 PM
  • Dengljo1,

I've sent my doc to your email listed above.  Good luck!

Also, after reaching out to an Antigen Team member I got a reply and hope to begin working with him to get some form of this doc published for easier access.  I'll certainly update here if/when that happens.  In the meantime I monitor this thread pretty closely and will continue to provide the doc via email to all who ask.

Thanks,

El Kabong

• Proposed as answer by El-Kabong Friday, April 09, 2010 3:19 PM
    Friday, April 09, 2010 3:19 PM
  • Hi El-Kabong,

May I please have a copy too? Thanks in advance.

51l3n7[at]live[dot]in

• Edited by 51l3n73y3s Monday, April 19, 2010 3:29 PM To avoid spam bots
    • Proposed as answer by El-Kabong Monday, April 26, 2010 6:50 PM
    Monday, April 19, 2010 6:38 AM
  • Doc has been sent to email addy listed above,

Good Luck,

El Kabong...

• Proposed as answer by El-Kabong Wednesday, April 28, 2010 3:21 PM
    Monday, April 26, 2010 6:52 PM
  • El-Kabong

Can I possibly get a copy of your antigen doc please.

Email: dairetoner(at)live(dot)com

Thanks

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 10:28 AM
  • techno-j,

Doc has been emailed to your addy listed above.

Good Luck...

El Kabong

• Proposed as answer by El-Kabong Wednesday, April 28, 2010 3:21 PM
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 3:21 PM
  • Forgot email addy - jeff_rhodes -at- afandpa.org

(replace -at- with @).

Thursday, April 29, 2010 2:02 PM
  • Jeff,

I sent the doc to your email addy listed above.

Hope all goes well!

El Kabong

• Proposed as answer by El-Kabong Friday, August 06, 2010 6:32 PM
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 1:57 PM
  • Hi El-Kabong,

Can i have the copy of the Antigen SP1 to SP2 upgrade, my email ID is mailirfanshariff@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Irfan Shariff

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:54 PM
  • IrfanSha,

Per your request, doc has been sent to your address listed in the post.

Good Luck!

El Kabong

• Proposed as answer by El-Kabong Friday, May 21, 2010 9:23 PM
    Friday, May 21, 2010 9:23 PM
  • Hi El-Kabong,

Can i have the copy of the Antigen SP1 to SP2 upgrade doc, my email ID is mohamed.baioumy@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mohamed A. Baioumy

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 1:03 PM
  • Mohamed,

Doc has been sent to the addy referenced above.

Good Luck!

El Kabong

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 3:41 PM
  • Can I also please get a copy please.

Much appreciated:

nathan@dataaspects.com.au

Regards

Nathan

Monday, August 02, 2010 11:54 PM
  • Nathan,

Doc has been sent to email addy listed above.

Good Luck.

El Kabong

Friday, August 06, 2010 6:32 PM
  • Hi El Kabong,

Can you send a copy of the Doc (antigen upgrade SP1 to SP2) to me, too ?

Address: zam1781@ymail.com

Thank you.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:18 AM
  • Ask and you shall receive.  Doc has been sent to the email provided.

Good Luck!

El Kabong

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 8:37 PM
  • Hi El-Kabong,

I seem to be in the same boat with Antigen sp1/sp2 cluster issues otheres mention here, could I trouble you for a copy of your re-install doc ?

I'm glad it not just me that finds the existing documentation contradicts itself !

Many thanks

r4qm4n@hotmail.com

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:07 AM
  • Yoda_l33t,

Per your request, attached is the Antigen 9.0 cluster install doc.  Good luck.  BTW, this doc is an upgrade doc, and includes an uninstall and fresh install of 9.0 SP2, but if you’re installing fresh, you can just proceed to the new install section.  I validated this with a new cluster I recently built in our lab.

Good luck, and glad I’ve been able to help a few people avoid the frustration I went through!

I haven't gone through the Forefront for Exchange 2010 yet, but I hope things have smoothed out!

Tx,

El Kabong

• Proposed as answer by El-Kabong Friday, October 01, 2010 9:23 PM
    Friday, October 01, 2010 9:23 PM
  • Hi El Kabong,

could you please send me the document too.

steven[at]e-simister[dot]com

Monday, January 17, 2011 3:08 PM
  • intersimi,

Doc has been sent to the addy provided on the post above.

Good Luck!

El Kabong

Friday, January 28, 2011 9:19 PM
  • Hi El-Kabong,

Can i have the copy of the Antigen 9.0 to SP2 upgrade, my email ID is rarchiles@hotmail.com.

I have a license notice telling me :

If i upgrade will i have e new license?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

raul

You currently have 29 day(s) left before your Subscription license of Antigen expires. To license Antigen please contact your local Microsoft sales representative.

Thursday, February 03, 2011 10:01 AM
  • Hi El-Kabong,

Could I have a copy of the Antigen 9.2 install guide please.

Thanks in advance

Graham

Friday, April 15, 2011 11:59 AM
  • Oooops for the email address:  gthomp7822@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Graham

Friday, April 15, 2011 12:02 PM
  • Hi all,

Bit late but can I have the doc too? K_fox28@hotmail.com

Our foreign counterparts have a horrible four node standalone setup on 9.1..... looking to upgrade to SP and add Rollup 1, 2, 3 this weekend.

Just to be up to date, remove discontinued engines and stop them failing their updates.

Thank you

Kyle

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:07 PM
  • Albeit a bit delayed, I've sent the doc to ShedLugger & GT7822, above. Sorry, but the response notifications stopped working for me. I've since corrected things and I should get any further requests.

FYI, I'm beginning the process of deploying FPE for Exchange 2010, and it seems as though many of the same limitations that were present in Antigen are still there in Forefront. My doc has some info that addresses many (but not, all!) of these, so you can at least use them for some initial guidance if you're deploying FPE 2010. 

Thanks!  El Kabong

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:57 PM
  • Hello, would be possible to have a look at your doc, i have 2 node cluster to upgrade from 9 sp1 to sp2,

my address is jaspalbola at hotmail dot com

many thanks Jaz 

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 11:05 AM
  • Jaz,

Doc has been sent to email addy above per your request.  I need to find a skydrive or similar and provide a link.  Suggestions, anyone?  I’ll see what I can do.  Good luck!

Also, notifications are working again (obviously)!
    Thanks,
    El Kabong

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 2:13 PM
  • Hi,

I have a webserver or Skydrive where I can host your document. If you like I could do that for you.

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 2:18 PM
  • Thanks, Christian.
    I took my own advice, created a SkyDrive, and have posted/shared the doc at the link below for all who want it. Please let me know if the URL does not work. This is much more efficient than the post requests! Also, kindly leave feedback here on your results, or any questions.

John Benak - Temple Inland - Antigen 9 SP2 Cluster Uninstall - Reinstall

Thanks,
    El Kabong

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 2:33 PM