none
UAG SP2 Upgrade Process

Question

• Hi there,

We are looking to upgrade our load balanced UAG service to service pack 2 and are seeking some advice on the order in which to do this. Ideally we would like to do this without any service downtime if possible. We are currently running UAG 2010 sp1 and the process which we plan to do this is:

• From the UAG web monitor/array monitor drain stop and then suspend the management UAG server.
    • Stop the relevant UAG services on this server and then apply TMG sp2.
    • Bring up the UAG services on this server and then from the web monitor resume the nlb service on the management UAG server and drain stop/suspend the other node.
    • On the other node stop the relevant UAG services on this server and then apply TMG sp2.
    • Bring up the UAG services on this server and then from the web monitor resume the nlb service on this server.
    • Apply the configuration on the UAG management server and check all is OK.
    • From the UAG web monitor/array monitor drain stop and then suspend the management UAG server.
    • Apply UAG sp1 update1 to this server.
    • Update the configuration on the management server.
    • From the web monitor resume the nlb service on the management UAG server and drain stop/suspend the other node.
    • Apply UAG sp1 update1 to this server.
    • Update the configuration again on the management server and resume nlb on this node and check all is OK.
    • From the UAG web monitor/array monitor drain stop and then suspend the management UAG server.
    • Apply UAG sp2 to this server.
    • Update the configuration on the management server.
    • From the web monitor resume the nlb service on the management UAG server and drain stop/suspend the other node.
    • Apply UAG sp2 to this server.
    • Update the configuration again on the management server and resume nlb on this node and check all is OK.

Sorry for the long list but I was hoping that someone who has gone through this process maybe could spot any flaws in it!! Also as our UAG service is heavily customised did where any of the customisations overwritten?

many thanks for your help.

Peter

Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:57 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The update process semm to be fine for me.

About your customisations if you put all of them on the CustomUpdate subfolder they will been kept, otherwis they will b overwritten. So it will be a good idea if you ot do this to put all of them on thise subfolder before applying any Forefront UAG updates.

Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/liontux | My Blog (French/English) : http://security.sakuranohana.fr/

Thursday, November 15, 2012 1:18 PM
  • Thanks for your reply, I've copied all the custom files off the server in case they are overwritten, I'll report back on how the upgrade went.
    • Edited by SwanseaPete Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:54 AM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:54 AM