windows defender problem( vista home prem.) error 0x800705b4

Question

• (Windows Vista Home Prim.) windows defender stoped working. I've been trying to restart the program,no luck . I've been to microsoft.com support,and tried to resolve the issue with there info. Again no luck. I went to windows defender web sight ,and downloaded curent updates for defender thinking that might kickstart the program, did not happen. I've unistalled, reinstalled, I went to windows PC FIX IT and ran that program for Vista x64, and just when I thought I solved the issue, Iam back to square one. what has to happen to get this program to work?
    Friday, August 20, 2010 5:48 AM

Answers

• Do you have antivirus installed?

Some antivirus (like Forefront Client security or Microsoft security essentials) shuts down defender because the AV program takes over that functionality. This is by design.

/Johan

MCSE, forefront spec | www.msforefront.com
    • Marked as answer by LowCrawl Wednesday, September 01, 2010 12:44 AM
    Friday, August 20, 2010 2:25 PM
  • By default, Norton disables Windows Defender during the installation because it's not recommanded to have more than on AV or AntiSpyware product on the same computer.
    Friday, August 20, 2010 10:41 PM

All replies

• Do you have antivirus installed?

Some antivirus (like Forefront Client security or Microsoft security essentials) shuts down defender because the AV program takes over that functionality. This is by design.

/Johan

MCSE, forefront spec | www.msforefront.com
    • Marked as answer by LowCrawl Wednesday, September 01, 2010 12:44 AM
    Friday, August 20, 2010 2:25 PM
  • By default, Norton disables Windows Defender during the installation because it's not recommanded to have more than on AV or AntiSpyware product on the same computer.
    Friday, August 20, 2010 10:41 PM