none
Installing stand-alone Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 client on Windows Server 2012 - Error

Question

• Hi,

What is the best way to install the stand-alone Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 client on Windows Server 2012 without using SCCM?

Running FEPInstall.exe (FEP 2010) can't be install directly (Error: ... cannot be installed on your operating system)

I read the KB2780435 that mention to install FEP 2010 Update Rollup 1 first and after to install an update available in Windows update. I tried to install the update rollup 1 without success ... and I can't figure out what is the Windows update that need to be installed after.

Can you help me finding the right steps to install the stand-alone FEP 2010 on a Windows server 2012?

Thanks

Monday, February 11, 2013 1:32 PM

Answers

• Try downloading this hotfix:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2758685

and then extract the content from it with a utility like 7-zip. First extract the zip file, then the exe, then the msp. Eventually you will get down to the individual files. You should then be able to use that version of FEPInstall.exe to install on Server 2012.

Monday, February 11, 2013 7:52 PM

All replies