none
"Skip detect" emails still quarantined

Question

• Hello,

We are running Exchange 2010 with Forefront Protection for Exchange Server 2010.

We have an issue currently where emails are being quarantined for " Exceeded Realtime Timeout". We need to look further into this issue but have had to disable the scanning for the time being as the messages are still being quarantined.

We set the scanning timeout action to “Skip detect”, which according to the Forefront help files causes the incident to be logged but the email not to be deleted (the default action). However emails that timeout are still being stopped rather than allowed through.

This means that for the time being we have had to disable the Forefront scan untill we can resolve the quarantine issue..

Any thoughts?

Friday, June 11, 2010 3:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to suggest that you contact Microsoft Product Support Services via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with this request.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 4:39 AM
  • I am having the exact same issue.  Were you able to find a resolution?
    Monday, August 02, 2010 9:34 PM
  • Ditto here.

I find it rather troublesome to have to shell-out $200 to report a bug to MS Product Support Services.  Even when I've already isolated the bug and provide a workaround, I have to pay the $200 fee and their support staff demands remote access to my machines as they proceed to strip my machine of needed roles and features, they modify the registry and post files without a stated reason or audit trail, and I end up wasting days on the phone and end up frustrated and angry.  Thank goodness I keep good and current backups so I can recover my machine to where it was prior to me reporting the error.  I lose $200 and days of time which should be put to more productive pursuits.

- Michael Faklis

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:37 PM