Windows7 Error 0xC004C017 - can't activate product -now to do???

General discussion

• Appears there is a problem with the country code? - not for this country, which absollute not the issue. It is for..Africa! and that is whereit is installed (SouthAfrica -Johannesburg) It is the 2nd attemp!! pease point me in th right direction. I have the original  CD and licence details.bought windows7 os and windows7 office student version (I am a teacher in a german school, and I had XP Home edition (plus origanal CD and product code on my prev machine) Somewhere there is an error! And there is no doubt about legitacy?....Pleee sssssss  HELP  - Urgently required (sorry for that!)
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 3:19 PM

All replies

• Uh,I encountered the same issue with you. I am from China,and try to activate my Windows 7 retail edition via Internet,but failed,and it told me two last days remaining to automaticatly activate via Internet. I completed my Win7 os setup on 14th,Feb. 2010,and tried activation on thay day and on today now,but the response is the same as you said.The description about the error code"0xC004C017" is in chinese "激活服务器确定此地理位置的产品密钥已被阻止", maybe that translated in English is "the activation server defines the windows product key at this location is stoped". I'am assure I have the genuine Windows 7 retail edition for use only in china, and I‘am now here in china mainland. I suppose the error has something to do with MS’s  coming new WGA system ,or somewhat about Chinese Festival? I'am tying to dial for techinal help,but this si the-7-day-long festival now here in China , so I can't get any help from MS. 
    I'am urgent to get reply from MS and to solve this probelm about Error 0xC004C017 .

Monday, February 15, 2010 12:28 PM
  • Uh,I encountered the same issue with you. I am from China,and try to activate my Windows 7 retail edition via Internet,but failed,and it told me two last days remaining to automaticatly activate via Internet. I completed my Win7 os setup on 14th,Feb. 2010,and tried activation on thay day and on today now,but the response is the same as you said.The description about the error code"0xC004C017" is in chinese "激活服务器确定此地理位置的产品密钥已被阻止", maybe that translated in English is "the activation server defines the windows product key at this location is stoped". I'am assure I have the genuine Windows 7 retail edition for use only in china, and I‘am now here in china mainland. I suppose the error has something to do with MS’s  coming new WGA system ,or somewhat about Chinese Festival? I'am tying to dial for techinal help,but this si the-7-day-long festival now here in China , so I can't get any help from MS. 
    I'am urgent to get reply from MS and to solve this probelm about Error 0xC004C017 .

Try doing a manual activation.

1. Click Start, and in the Search box type :  slui.exe 4

2. Press ENTER on your Keyboard

3. Select your Country.
    4. Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 9:44 AM
  • Thanks. type slui.exe 4, and Phone Activation works,even hold for a real person not necessary. Lastly complete activation through phone.
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:21 PM
  • Appears there is a problem with the country code? - not for this country, which absollute not the issue. It is for..Africa! and that is whereit is installed (Mozambique) It is the 2nd attemp!! pease point me in th right direction. I have the original  CD and licence details.bought windows7 home premium , Somewhere there is an error! And there is no doubt about legitacy?....Pleee sssssss  HELP  - Urgently required (sorry for that!)
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 11:40 AM
  • I See this TuTrial
    U Can Use It

http://www.downserv.com/download/index.php?newsid=972

or This

http://www.downserv.com/download/1022-how-to-upgrade-the-windows-7-rc-to-rtm-final-release.html
    Friday, April 09, 2010 1:58 PM