convert an evaluation version to a subscription version

Question

• Hello everybody!!

We have a problem with Forefront.

We want to convert our evaluation version to a subscription version and we have a Key for it.

"To subsequently convert an evaluation version to a subscription version, enter a product key using the Forefront Server Security Administrator, by selecting Product Activation from the Help menu."

But in the Forefront Server Security Administrator don´t exist the point register under the help menu.

Is there another way to convert?

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 12:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

What do you mean about “But in the Forefront Server Security Administrator don´t exist the point register under the help menu”? As far as I know, on the help menu, there will be a option: License Agreement Number, and you can enter the license to activate Forefront.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 10:03 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I think I mean the option License Agreement Number.

In the help menu are only two options :

• Forefront Help
    • About Forefront

I have the information, that I have to activate the evaluation version with a product key and than

I can license these version with an expiration date

Do you know another way to activate?

Regards,

Garry

Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:45 PM
  • Hi Garry,

Thank you for the update.

This seeems surprising as there should be a “Register” option available. Would you be able to send a screenshot of the Help menu and the “About Forefront “ dialog? And which version are you running?

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:34 AM
  • Hi Nick,

www.ImageBanana.com - help_menu.jpg

www.ImageBanana.com - AboutForefront.jpg

And now I think our version is activate, because the version is 10.0.0703.0(Subscription) Sp1. 

I didn´t seen it before:-(

But when it is activate we must change the expiration date with our License Agreement Number.

And these option isn´t in the help menu.

Do you have any ideas!

Regards

Garry

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 12:21 PM
  • Hi,

we install SP3 and now in the Help Menu is shown "Register Forefront Security".

Regards and

Thank you Nick!!!!!

Monday, August 30, 2010 9:14 AM