i ball 4GB pen drive are not working

Question

• i have i ball USB2.0 4GB pen drive.when i tried to insert any data it shows the message "you need to formate the disk."when i start formatting the disk it again shows the message "windows was unable  to  formate the disk  completely" and my pen drive are not storing any data.it shows 0byte  capacity.
    Monday, November 08, 2010 1:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

This issue will occur if one of the factors is true:

•    Formatting a drive not only means removing all the data but it also allocates a new File system to the drive. So if the drive is already in FAT system (say) then       again allocating it the same system may cause this error.

•    There are full chances of this problem being caused due to changes made by some virus in the system.

At this time, please check the following points:

1. Have you ever peformed a FULL Format on this Pen Drive?

2. Will this issue occur if we format the drive to some other file system first like NTFS and then format it to the FAT system?

3. Try to update the virus definition package on this system. Also we could check if this issue will occur on other machine.

Hope this helps.

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, November 09, 2010 3:20 AM