Data not appearing in Forefront Management Console

Question

• HI,

As part of the Forefront Management console, it shows a 14 day History of events. This is showing as no data. In the Forefront forums, it says that the data warehousing task has to be run. I run this 3 times a day as it occasionally fails as the server is doing so much. When it does run I still get the same error. There are some posts that say this is linked to backups. My backups of the SystemCenterReporting DB are failing with the below error:

Error No: -1073548784

Error Msg: Executing the query "BACKUP DATABASE [SystemCenterReporting] TO  DISK = N'G:\\Backup Full\\SystemCenterReporting_backup_201006140959.bak' WITH NOFORMAT, NOINIT,  NAME = N'SystemCenterReporting_backup_20100614095954', SKIP, REWIND, NOUNLOAD,  STATS = 10

" failed with the following error: "Write on "G:\\Backup Full\\SystemCenterReporting_backup_201006140959.bak" failed: 1(error not found)

BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

The G drive is a locally attached drive to where all other DB's in the same maintenance plan save to. Can anyone suggest what the problem here is?

I have also posted this in the Forefront forums as it touches on the 2 areas

Thanks
    PC
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 10:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

To troubleshooting this issue, please perform the following steps:

1.Open the “Scheduled Task”. Right click “SystemCenterDTSPackageTask”, select Properties. At “Task” tab, please confirm the “Run as” box has been put in the correct account, then please “Set Password” again. After doing this, please right click the “SystemCenterDTSPackageTask” and Run it. It may take some time to finish.

2. If it successfully finished, we could try to check the 14 day history picture to see whether we will get any data in the picture. Then monitor the FCS server to confirm whether we could got 14 day history data in future.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 5:51 AM