none
Kaspersky Antivirus Technology Issues 06/12/2012 6.12.2012 9:29:0

Question

• Hi All,

Our mailbox server have been quarantining email with dates of 01/01/1601 00:00 (Incident Name: Exceeded Realtime Timeout), only a couple but the mailbox server was 100% CPU and not responding to anything e.g. RDP, Console Access Logon. 

We managed to move the databases (took ages to failover) to another mailbox server when we noticed 6.12.2012 10:32:0 engine updates was on this server and problem was resolved.

Was there an issue with the Kaspersky Antivirus Technologyupdate 06/12/2012 6.12.2012 9:29:0?

When we could remote to the services on the server we restarted the forefront services on the box and 100% CPU problem resolved.

Thanks Rich

Thursday, December 06, 2012 12:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I haven't had any problems with the Kaspersky engine on my installations. So I think this was a problem with the Kaspersky engine on your server. The only way to find out what the problem exactly was is to analyse the protocol of FPE.

Are there any interesing entries in the eventlog?

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront

Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:07 PM
  • Hi,

I haven't had any problems with the Kaspersky engine on my installations of FPE. So I think it might be a problem on your server, what ever it was. The only way to find out was caused the 100% CPU utilisation is to analyze the protocol of FPE. For this you should open a case with Microsoft.

Are there any interesting entries in the eventlog of this server?

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront

Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:09 PM
  • Hi,

Please also ensure the server has installed the latest rollup:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2619883

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Monday, December 10, 2012 7:46 AM