DAS & DTS Password Changed - Reporting Not Working

Question

• Hello Everyone Hope you all will be fit n fi9, i got an query for you Microsoft MVPs, hope i will get propper answer..

i am new to SQL Database.

i am using SQL Server 2005 with sp1 for reporting purpose, basically i have deployed forefront client security (Stand-alone single server deployment) in which SQL is deployed, while installing FCS i put the DTS & DAS Accounts as administrator account, after some time administrator password has changed so the reporting is not working anymore, i know i have to just update the password in SQL Accounts but i dont have idea how to do that, kindly help me out.

below is the error message shown while accessing the reports:

Reporting Services Error

• The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. The logon failed. (rsReportServerDatabaseLogonFailed) Get Online Help
      • Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007052E)

SQL Server Reporting Services

waiting for your positive reply.

BRegards

M.Yasir Memon
    Thursday, July 03, 2008 7:43 AM

All replies

• Yasir,

You have to reenter the new password in FCS.

On the FCS server, open the console and at the top you have a menu. click on Action -> configure.
    a config wizard starts click on next and enter the account and password when you are prompted.

Good luck!

/Johan
    MCSE, forefront spec | www.msforefront.com
    • Proposed as answer by Diego Castelli Wednesday, May 05, 2010 1:59 PM
    Monday, August 04, 2008 12:34 PM
  • You have to open the Forefront client security console go on action tab click on configure and reenter the details and new password and i will recommed you to make a sevice accounts DTA DSA use and add them on Local Admin group

Thanks
    Salman Ali
    • Proposed as answer by Salman Ali Saturday, March 21, 2009 2:03 PM
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 2:02 PM
  • You can refer to this link to update FCS service account password or change it if you need

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb944783.aspx

Thanks  

• Proposed as answer by Diego Castelli Wednesday, May 05, 2010 2:00 PM
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 7:54 AM
  • Thanks Johan, Salman and Sameh: you actually solved my problem. I forgot there was a Wizard in forefront console... :-) although i'm the last one that should forget those info...

Thanks.

Bye!

Diego Castelli
    Wednesday, May 05, 2010 1:54 PM
  • Yasir,

To make your life more easier, don't change the password for your service accounts. make it difficult to guess & share to few if you must. But if you have already, re-change it back and log in again. Good luck

Nura

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:35 PM