none
FPE Issue 5.7.1 Message rejected - no notification in FPE Monitroing

Question

• Hello!

I have a FPE installed on Microsoft EDGE Server.

Sometimes it rejects an e-mail with following error: 

550 5.7.1 Message rejected due to content restrictions

As I see in e-mail tracing (Troubleshooting assistant) it's rejected by FSE Content Filter Ajent.

But there is no entry about this event in FPE Monitoring Section.

Why it's blocked and how can I solve it?

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 2:30 PM

Answers

• By default FPE content filtering incidents are not written to the incidents pane.  You need to enable the following option:

Policy Management -> Global Settings -> Advanced Options -> "Enable content filtering incident logging"

That will allow you to see the entry in the incidents pane in the FPE UI.

Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:07 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Normally when a sender receives  #5.7.1 smtp; 550 5.7.1 Message rejected due to content restrictions is because  its messages are detected as spam by Cloudmark, this could well be a case of false positives. You should report this to Cloudmark< http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924951/en-us  > itself as documented on this KB.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Normally when a sender receives  #5.7.1 smtp; 550 5.7.1 Message rejected due to content restrictions is because  its messages are detected as spam by Cloudmark, this could well be a case of false positives. You should report this to Cloudmark< http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924951/en-us  > itself as documented on this KB.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:04 AM
  • By default FPE content filtering incidents are not written to the incidents pane.  You need to enable the following option:

Policy Management -> Global Settings -> Advanced Options -> "Enable content filtering incident logging"

That will allow you to see the entry in the incidents pane in the FPE UI.

Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:07 PM