none
Cloudmark Antigen 9 for Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 not updating

Question

• Hello.-

Since yesterday, all installations with Antigen 9 for Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 shows error "Expired Manifiest 0x80004005".

I supposed is related to a new engine update of Cloudmark.

Is there any information known related to this ?.

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, November 04, 2012 7:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

do you see any relevant entries in the eventlog of your server?

Next thing you can check is the programlog.txt inside the installation directory of Antigen.

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront

Monday, November 05, 2012 4:03 PM
  • Thanks for your answer Christian.-

programlog.txt shows information related to emails scanned and:

Mon Nov 05 13:07:01 2012 ( 3764- 5660), "INFORMATION: Attempting to download the Cloudmark scan engine package from http://antigendl.microsoft.com/antigen/x86/Cloudmark." Mon Nov 05 13:07:12 2012 ( 3764- 5660), "ERROR: Expired manifest."

These are 4 different installations. All with Windows 2003 Sp2 full updated, antigen 9.0 SP2 and rollup 4. All present the same error.

No changes done recently.

I have no clue

Monday, November 05, 2012 6:06 PM
  • Hi,

when this is happening on all of your servers I could imagine that this is a temporary problem with the distribution servers.

One thing you can do is to copy the files out of the Cloudmark directory inside the engines directory to a temp location. After that remove all out of the Cloudmark folder. Then try a manual update. If this doesn't work copy the files back into the Cloudmark folder.

Greetings

Christian

Monday, November 05, 2012 10:12 PM
  • Hello.-

These servers are in different installations. I have already tested renaming \Program Files\Microsoft Antigen for Exchange\Engines\x86\Cloudmark. Restart Antigen service but no success.

Curiosly the EXPIRED MANIFEST is related to deprecated engines, however this is not the case with Cloudmark

We note that signature version is updated in the Antigen Managment Console, however the EXPIRE MANIFEST error is reported. 

Monday, November 05, 2012 11:03 PM
  • Hi,

just found this link

http://blogs.technet.com/b/msfss_stuff/archive/2011/06/28/antigen-9-x-update-issue.aspx

in the following thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Antigen/thread/20bf4b22-2013-48e0-a339-26f15d239bd9

It seems that there is currently a problem with the Cloudmark engine and the distribution servers.

You should contact Microsoft to fix this issue.

Greetings

Christian

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 12:14 PM
  • Hello.-

I think that this error is related to licensing expiration. I deduce this because all installation have 3 years now of operation under a Volume License.

Anybody knows how the time frame of Volume Lincese could affect product operation ?.

Thanks !.

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 10:02 PM
  • Hi,

when the license is expired Antigen stops working to scan the emails for malware and spam.

Check the following thread how to renew the license:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/nl-NL/Antigen/thread/9bec0c3a-eb02-4fc7-be13-0b5df02279d4

Greetings

Christian

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 6:53 AM
  • I have same issue and with error EXPIRE MANIFEST in programlog file but licenses will expire in 2014 , So how come this related to licenses !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 7:16 AM
  • Thanks Christian for the links.

License information was updated and same behavior. I thought that this could be a reason but produced no effect.

Again, I SUPPOSED this is related to an update but it is goin to take time to setup a lab enviroment to test. My hope is that sooner than later this error be generalized to get attention. Meanwhile we will try to contact MS.

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 10:58 PM
  • Hi,

I am having the same problem, and it also started on 11/3.  I see this in programlog.txt:

Wed Nov 14 04:38:02 2012 ( 5852- 5112), "INFORMATION: Attempting to download the Cloudmark scan engine package from http://antigendl.microsoft.com/antigen/x86/Cloudmark."
    Wed Nov 14 04:38:12 2012 ( 5852- 5112), "ERROR: Expired manifest."

My license expires 12/2014, and if it was an expired license, then wouldn't all the engines fail to update?  It is only the Cloudmark engine that won't update.

On the scanner update screen, I do see that the signatures are right up to date, so the micro updates seem to be working.  I realize Cloudmark hasn't put out a new engine since 3/8/2012, but I still check once a day, and I'm getting this "expired manifest" error.

I tried copying the Cloudmark folder elsewhere, then emptying it and doing an manual update, but I got the same "expired manifest" error.

Like Armando, I am also running Antigen 9 for Exchange, SP2 (9.2.1097).

Can someone please suggest a fix?

Thanks,
    Kristen Murray

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:47 PM
  • Hi Kirsten,

it seems that there are more people out there having problems with the Cloudmark engine. You should open a case with Microsoft to fix this issue.

Greetings

Christian

Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:57 AM
  • Hi everyone.

Did anyone fix this issue, if yes please assist me how to fix this.

regards to all

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:50 AM
  • Hello !.-

After opening a case with MS, they could fix the problem since last thursday. We decided to wait last weekend in order to verify that anything else could show up.

Thanks to people from MS for their time and support. specially to Mohd Shaikh for his patience.

I hope this problem be now corrected for everyone that reported it.

Monday, November 26, 2012 6:55 PM
  • Hi,

thanks for the feedback. Do you have more details what the problem was?

Greetings

Christian

Monday, November 26, 2012 9:42 PM
  • Hello Christian.-

They did not give me any specific reason but I suppose that it was an update that caused this error and an update fixed it.

It would be convenient that all that reported this problem can confirm that is actually resolved.

Thanks for your support Christian.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:06 PM
  • This Issue was in DP Server inside Ms and its solved last week by them

Technical Architect

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:35 AM
  • Hi,

thanks for the feedback. Good to hear that it is working right now again.

Greetings

Christian

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:13 AM