none
Cannot access subnet routed via internal NIC

Question

• Hi all,

I've TMG with three NICs (External, WiFi, and internal network).

We have additional test subnet accessible via router in internal network. I'd like to access to this subnet from VPN connection, so I created the following:

1. new Network with the appropriate network range (192.168.102.0-192.168.102.255) as internal network, and with name 'Test network'
    2. new Network Rule with VPN Cliens as source and 'Test network' as destination with Route relationship
    3. new Network Topology Route with 192.168.102.0/255.255.255.0 as destination, 192.168.100.9 (router in internal network) as gateway, and 1 as metric.
    4. new Subnet (Network Object) for 192.168.102.0/24 with name 'Test subnet'.
    5. new Access Rule with 'VPN Clients' as From and 'Test subnet' as To.

After applying the changes above the communication to the test subnet is not working with error 0xc004002d (A packet was dropped because its destination IP address is unreachable). There is 'Initiated connection' in log before the error, so I assume the Access Rule is correctly defined, however there is some routing problem.

I know I can add the test subnet to the Internal network and it will be working, however I do not want to do that - we have defined some access rules for Internal network and those must not be applied to the test subnet...

What am I missing?

Thanks!
    R.*

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 9:51 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

If the subnet is not directly connect to TMG internal NIC, you have to add them to the internal network.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

If the subnet is not directly connect to TMG internal NIC, you have to add them to the internal network.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:38 AM
  • Oh, I was afraid of that... :(

However, thanks answer and make me sure!

Ragards,

R.*

Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:50 AM