none
forefront exchange 2010 on an EDGE server

Question

• Hi people,

I hope you can help, i am experiencing some false positives with cloudmark from gmail mainly which is put into quarantine. Now the only answer i see with cloudmark issues is to report them to microsoft, but is there some way i can let forefront bypass mail from gmail.com?

I tried it with a filter list bypassing gmail.com from sender domains but it doesn't seem to work.

the way i did it was at filter details i put in:

GMAIL.COM

A the next page it says TARGET:

and at hub/edge transport scan i chose

enabled :yes

action: skip detect

quarantine files : no

notifactions: never send notifications

Could anybody tell me if this is correct or should i do smth else?

kind regards

Thursday, December 06, 2012 12:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

a filterrule is the wrong place to whitelist the domain because they are processed later. You have to put the domains in the safelist of the contentfiler.

Check the follwoing article how to configure the whitelist for the contentfilter:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd639396.aspx (Allowing e-mail from specific senders and sender domains to by-pass spam filtering)

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront

Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:13 PM
  • thanks a lot, is there anything else you would recommend as in it might not be the most ideal to just let gmail.com on the allow list, what would you recommend? This or another way?
    Thursday, December 06, 2012 2:53 PM
  • Hi,

I don't see another way other than to whitelist the senders or submit samples to Microsoft. One thing could be to whitelist only the senders but this is is a very frustating job in my eyes :-)

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront

Thursday, December 06, 2012 3:18 PM
  • Thank you very much Christian!
    • Marked as answer by David FNL Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:19 PM
    Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:19 PM