none
Microsoft security client

Question

• Hi...Just today May 21...when starting system I get an error window saying microsoft security cdlient   error number ox8007064e...I have looked and am confused what of the many options given to use...please advise what I do to correct this problem....thanks very much
    Jeff Bauer
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 4:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

The error code 0X8007064e indicates that the product is uninstalled.

Since you mentioned that the system showed something about Microsoft Security client, I am wondering if you are talking about Microsoft Security Essentials.

If so, then did you try to reinstall it for test.

If it cannot be removed with the normal method, please refer to the steps provided in the following KB article to remove it and then reinstall it for check:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2435760/

Thanks,

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Bashart1616 Monday, May 23, 2011 10:27 AM
    Monday, May 23, 2011 5:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

The error code 0X8007064e indicates that the product is uninstalled.

Since you mentioned that the system showed something about Microsoft Security client, I am wondering if you are talking about Microsoft Security Essentials.

If so, then did you try to reinstall it for test.

If it cannot be removed with the normal method, please refer to the steps provided in the following KB article to remove it and then reinstall it for check:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2435760/

Thanks,

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Bashart1616 Monday, May 23, 2011 10:27 AM
    Monday, May 23, 2011 5:50 AM
  • Thanks...worked like a charm...again thank you....much appreciated
    Jeff Bauer
    Monday, May 23, 2011 10:28 AM