none
Allow and blocked configuration

Question

• Hi,

I try to configure my FPE and I'm missunderstanding about Allow and blocked sender, domain configuration places. I can configure blocked and allowed ones in console Antispam->configure

And additionally I can configure same functionality under Filters

If in allowed sender case I can define excludes for certain filters then in Blocked case it's seams that functionality are not allow define this filters.

The question is when I must use configuration in first image and when in second? Where is the difference?

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

1. That's right

2. No. Domains, senders and receipients added to the content filter allow list will only be skipped for the content filter

3. Yes, you can skip file, keyword and content (subject line and sender domain)

4. Yes

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront

• Marked as answer by Arturs_B Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:53 PM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 12:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In the content allow list you can configure email addresses/domains or recipients which should be skipped for the content filter only. In the sender filter you can configure email addresses or domains from which you never want to receive emails from.

With the filter lists allowed senders you can skip file filtering, keyword filtering and content filtering for specific senders. With sender domain you can do more than block emails from specific sender domains, like tag them in the subject line or put them into quarantine. The sender filter only works at email submission whereas you can configure the filterlist for sender domains for all scanjobs like realtime or on demand.

The filterlists are processed after the antispam module (RBL, content filter,...) of FPE.

Check the following links for more details:

Sender filtering: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd639374.aspx

Content filtering: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd639396.aspx

Filterlists: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc561155.aspx

Greetings

Christian

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:06 AM
  • If I understand correctly then:

1. if I place somebody to sender filter block list then sender will not be notified that message not delivered to recipient and nothing can be placed in quarantine?

2. If add to Content allow list then all messages will be delivered bypass all filters and for message will be performed only antivirus scanning?

3. Added to Allowed senders list I can configure which filders must be excluded?

4.  sender-domain - system can notify sender about message blocking and can place message in quarantine ?

• Edited by Arturs_B Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:30 AM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:29 AM
  • Hi,

1. That's right

2. No. Domains, senders and receipients added to the content filter allow list will only be skipped for the content filter

3. Yes, you can skip file, keyword and content (subject line and sender domain)

4. Yes

Greetings

Christian

• Marked as answer by Arturs_B Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:53 PM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 12:28 PM