none
Mail blocked under Subjectline filter: suspect

Question

• HI,

I have a question how to unblock the mail which are blocked under the subject line filter as suspect.

Monday, July 23, 2012 10:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I don't know where the word SUSPECT is added, but if you have a filter for it I could imagine that a antispam feature of FPE adds this tag.

If in your FPE configuration there is no filter list and action that does add this word then it must be added by FOPE. Where this subject is added I can't tell you.

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront

Monday, July 23, 2012 6:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

check the incidents in FPE. In the column incident you should see something like this Filterlist:Keyword e.g. Bad words:Sex. There you can find out which filterlist and which keyword is blocking the email.

Greetings

Christian

Monday, July 23, 2012 11:05 AM
  • HI  Christian,

i have checked it showing as.... FOPE has marked as Suspect on the subject line.

State: Purged
    Incident Category: Subject line filter
    Incident Name: Subject Line Filter: *Suspect*
    File: Entire Message.eml

Monday, July 23, 2012 12:27 PM
  • Hi,

when FOPE is tagging the subject line with *SUSPECT* then you filter list purges every email that has the word SUSPECT in the subject line.

To get more information about that you should check inside the FOPE administration for more details.

Greetings

Christian

Monday, July 23, 2012 12:52 PM
  • Hi Christian,

Why the *SUSPECT* word has added to the subject line is it due to the SCL number. If i login to the FOPE console where can i check. Please help me i am new to this product.

Monday, July 23, 2012 12:55 PM
  • Hi,

in the administration center click on the menu item tools. There you'll find the tool for message tracking.

Enter the necessary values and you will get the result where you'll get further details.

Greetings

Christian

Monday, July 23, 2012 1:02 PM
  • HI,

I have checked in the FOPE traced and found the below. when i made the all theveiw and checked for below rule"Subject Modification rule" it si not found in our FOPE console.

Filtering results: Marked Spam by Subject Modification rule

Can you please hel me how understanding this concept so that i can troubleshoot this kind issues.

Monday, July 23, 2012 1:17 PM
  • Hi,

check if you have configured any policy rules.

More about policy rules here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff715218

Greetings

Christian

Monday, July 23, 2012 1:27 PM
  • HI Christian,

I want to know the SUSPECT word is appended by Microsoft server right not over FPE server on edge transport server. so there wont be any rule on FOPE which append the word SUSPECT to the subject line of the mails coming from external to internal.

I have checked on FOPE there is no rule for the adding the SUSPECT to subject line but on the FPE console we have a filter to block and quarantine mails which  contains  subject line SUSPECT.

If i am wrong please correct me...

• Edited by RSMR Monday, July 23, 2012 2:17 PM
    Monday, July 23, 2012 2:13 PM
  • Hi,

I don't know where the word SUSPECT is added, but if you have a filter for it I could imagine that a antispam feature of FPE adds this tag.

If in your FPE configuration there is no filter list and action that does add this word then it must be added by FOPE. Where this subject is added I can't tell you.

Greetings

Christian

Monday, July 23, 2012 6:59 PM