none
FEP Windows 7 Firewall and local security policy - settings greyed out

Question

• Hi,

We recently deployed FEP succesfully via sccm across our company however one of the policies that was distributed to our desktops/laptops had the "manage windows firewall" option ticked. We wanted to allow people to manage their firewall settings themselves so unticked this option but the problem is the local security policy on those machines is not changed back. So the options for configuring the firewall settings are all greyed out on those machines affected by this policy.

I have tried a GPO but you can only set it to configure firewall on/off you cannot use this method to set it back to 'unconfigured'

The only way i have found is to manually edit the local security policy on the machine - and setting the firewall settings to unconfigured but obviously I cant really go round 100+ pc's and do this for every one.

Is there any way of distributing these settings either through manually manipulating the FEP policies or by a new SCCM package?

Any help would be good!

Sam

Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:25 PM

All replies

• If you reconfigured your SCCM policy the advertisement should run again and change the setting to the value you configured.
    Make sure the advertisement runs again
    Friday, January 28, 2011 10:44 AM